Chapter -VIII

Next morning Everyone gathered at dining hall for breakfast. Krishna and Balaram and many other kings left to their kingdoms except for few. Karn and Ashwatthama were there as they got close to the royals these years but they have sent their other sons to their kingdoms. Everyone was there except for the 6 friends (suggest a name for the group).

Yudhishthir: Where are the six children? Why haven't they come yet?

Vidur: Let the kids have their own time my child. Let's proceed with breakfast.

Shuthanu: But it's etiquette of princes and princesses to eat with the family together, right mata?

She was just showing off her knowledge.

Gandhari: But none of them are your family my daughter. It's just a rule nowhere it's written to follow it compulsorily. You can have food my dear.

She said in the most polite way possible. Any one could sence her displeasure. But it's Shuthanu who was way more stubborn to gain attention of everyone.

Shuthanu: But Ananya and Abhimanyu are.

Kunti: They declined to keep any type of relationship with you Shuthanu. So just keep quiet.

She said in a stern tone. Everyone is aware of her anger that was underlying in her words. She turned towards trios(Duryodhana, Karna, Ashwatthama). They were just watching all the drama without interrupting.

Kunti: Kids can you get the children. They must be sleeping. Wake them up for me. They are little food yesterday. It's important for them to eat something.

The trios nodded and went toward ananya's chambers as they knew all would be there only. Shuthanu wasn't the one who kept quiet so as soon as she the stepped out she taunted.

Shuthanu: Why would they sleep till this late? Do they even know the royal rules and regulations?

Everyone was shocked listening to her balant insult. They composed themselves but before anyone could say anything came a sarcastic reply from Abhimanyu

Abhimanyu: You know we were just trying to look handsome so it just took time reaching here.

They turned to see the trios and the friends except Ananya. They were looking fresh and handsome and lakshmana was looking beautiful. While Ashwatthama was carrying Ananya like a toddler who was sleeping peacefully. They came and settled in their seats. Ananya was in Karn's lap now. Sleeping like kumbhkaran.

Karn: Wake up Little one it's time to eat.

He spoke softly to wake her up but she just snuggled coser to him.

Shuthanu: See I told you she know nothing she is still sleeping. Even in dining hall.

Everyone chose to ignore her. Which she treated like an insult. After sometime she woke up.

Ananya: good morning papa.

She spoke in a sleepy tone. Karn smile at her gently.

Karn: Good morning. Now let's eat sweety. After that you can do anything you want.

She nodded and ate while karn fed her. She was just sleepily eating while playing with Duryodhana's hair.

Karn: Sweety you won't sleep until that late right. Then why did you woke up late today. You always wake up before sunrise. Are you sick sweety? Is anything wrong?

Ananya: No papa I'm not sick, it's just  I slept after 5 years. I started sleeping from ten days but it's not enough to compensate it right so I am sleeping for a long time. But these days I'm getting tired easily so I just want to take rest.

Everyone was shocked hearing that she didn't sleep for five years.

Duryodhana: And why is that you didn't sleep for years together. What was that important to do without sleeping?

Ananya: Suyo I was fighting the demons. And to kill a particular one I must be awake for five years together. As he has done tapasya for Mahadev and gained a boon that a girl less than fifteen years old without sleeping for five years must kill him with vaishnavastra. As he thought no girl would be gone even education at such tender and what will a little girl do without sleeping and also he didn't consider a girl to be his equal. So I just killed him ending his arrogance. Erupting fears in others mind.So in those years I used to fight in days and in nights meditate or do some other work. Even day before yesterday also I was at war so I have been getting tired easily.

It was another wave of shock that she fought with demons for five years continuously. And also for the fact that she has been such a good archer that she got knowledge of tridevastras. But they came out of their thoughts listening to a soft snore which cannot be heard but the silence in the hall made everyone hear it. They turned towards karn only to see Ananya asleep again and karn sighing as she didn't even have half of the breakfast. He looked towards his friends for help to wake her up but they suddenly found the ceiling very fascinating than breakfast or any other thing. He shot them a look of betrayal but they both were having their lips pressed in a thin line knowing it was difficult to wake her up when she gets tired. He tried to wake her up which is answered by a sleepy hum by her. He again shook her and she woke up but sleepily looked at him as if questioning him why did he wake her up. He chuckled and pointed at breakfast making her nod. He fed her quickly and carried her to her room as she fell asleep again.

Will be continued.........