𝟐𝟑 | 𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐚

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry you had bad parents, I had a bad mum too so I'd know what it feel to be unloved. I would never put you in that position again because I love children and I'll always protect you from harms way." Anger pumps my blood though I remain calm. It's not fair that children live a miserable life.
"I know, you are not like her. You said more words to me than she ever did in my 11 years of knowing her."

"Maybe she was just afraid of you. People pretend to not like something when their actually scared of it." I attempted to lighten the mood. "Like I'm scared of spiders but I tell everyone I just don't like how they have eight legs and I only have two."

"I guess she was scared how we took after her. My sister looked exactly like her probably why she always ignored her." He assumes. "Thank you for making me feel better, we shouldn't keep grandpa waiting." He says picking his shirt up.

I kiss his forehead and smile down at him, "You're welcome, I'll go check what Xavier's doing." I say as I leave.

Entering my bedroom, Xavier is sat on the chair typing on his phone. Closing the door behind me, I exhale all the steam which was fogging my heart. "I cannot believe how cruel people are."

"I wasn't ignoring you today amor, I was just thinking like I said." I place my hand on my hips shaking my head.

"No not you. Madoc's mum is the most vile woman I've ever heard of. Did you know she couldn't even bare touching her kids without wearing gloves? I mean why would you have children if you don't lole them?" I rant about how much I hate the woman without actually meeting her.

Xavier pulls me between his legs and give my thiggs a squeeze. "I don't know what was going through her head but I know we shouldn't judge her actions. Not every woman has the skills to be a mother."

"You're right, I can't help but feel sorry for him." I say as my heart ached for his pain. "He has us as his family now, we saved that boy im every way possible." He reminds me.

We both head downstairs meeting with Madoc. Today, Tony and Sully got a day off from guarding while they were busy working in the guesthouse.

A black SUV waits outside our house for us to enter. Madoc sit in between Xavier and I for the whole journey. "I guess none of us got the front seat." I whisper in Madoc's ear.

"I like this better." He says looking straigh ahead.
Roughly twenty minutes later, we reach Xavie's fathers house and walk inside.

The staff takes our coats and bag as we enter the living room. Sofia was on her phone whilst Mr Lorenzo was on the call near the window.
Xavier first walks in followed by us.
"Hola familia, long time no see." Sofia says smiling. "Congratulations by the way." I return a smile and thank her. She gets up to give me a hug then looks behind me where Madoc was hiding.

"So you're Madoc. Oh my gosh you're so cute." She says pulling him in for a big hug. "I'm aunt Sof and we will be besties." She tells him. Xavier's father clears his throat after ending the call.

"Apologies, the chairman has been nagging when we should next play golf for a while now." He says pouring two glasses of alcohol. Passing one to Xavier, he greets me with a nod, "I heard you are expecting, that is good news indeed that the Lorenzo bloodline is growing." He says taking a seat.

Madoc holds onto the back of my dress. I move out of his way holding his hand and leading him to the couch. He quietly sat near Xavier scooting closer to me. "And this is Madoc?" James asked leaning on the piano.

"Yes, he is our little miracle." I tell them all. "Have you confirmed his guardianship?"

"We signed the papers and earned our rights to become his adoptive parents." Xavier says patting Madoc's back. "Very well. Come here young boy." He orders in a stern tone.