"I must say, your plan really worked out."

Jay laughed, eyes crinkling.

"That Heejung fucker was really easily to manipulate. I legit gave him a few millions and he agreed to do this. Look what money does to you." Jay sighed, resting his head on Jake's shoulder. Jake looked away.

"Why you so pissed?" Jay asked, cause clearly, Jake was hella annoyed.

"Who said I am? I'm just tired, it was a lot of work, and Sunghoon was heavy."

"Ah, yes, Sunghoon. I felt bad for him, he was pretty bruised." Heeseung said, concern lacing his voice.

"You're too nice to be a mafia's bodyguard, Hyung." Jay remarked, Heeseung simply shrugged his shoulders.

"Jay. Do you think this was a right decision?" Jay turned his head to meet Jake's worried eyes.

"Oh trust me Jake, if he doesn't come running to me in a week, I'd officially turn myself in." He ruffled his hair and laughed.

"But ....why do you want him in your life so bad? Isn't it risky?"

"Jake. All these years, I've managed to adapt one skill . You know what?"

Both of them were silent.

"It is the skill of observation. Nishimura Riki might be ruthless, harsh, and skilled, but as a person, he is too vulnerable, so much so, that if you observe him, you can directly see through him- how internally he's nothing but a shattered soul, scared that people might see his weakness."

"And- the only way he get hold of him is by exploiting those weaknesses. Give him a bit love, soften him, and strike."

"Poor Sunghoon, tsk tsk tsk." Jay sighed in mock sympathy, a devilish grin following right after.

Both Heeseung and Jake exchanged glances. They wanted to voice their concern over everything Jay was doing, but they dare not-

Not when they could see how Jay's eyes glowered - glowered with want, thirst.

"Jay-ah.... just see that while trying to burn him, don't burn yourself into ashes." Jake whispered, a sad smile etched on his lips.

The entire ride after that was silent.

Jay fell asleep on Jake's shoulder. He kept staring at him, removing strands of hair from his eyes.

Sleeping like this, he looked so innocent, so soft, so kissable-

No Jake.Get a grip on yourself.

His eyes glossed over.

Love is indeed a painful entity.

Yet, he would want to experience it all over again....maybe, just maybe, some day, in some other life.

He would have his happy ending.

They say great things take time.

Lies. Lies. Lies. Pfft.

He has been waiting for so long already, when would "great" things happen to him? He's tired. So damn tired.

Some days he hates Jay. He feels disgusted, skin crawling, heart bleeding as if someone was stabbing him by and by; once , twice, thrice. Repeatedly.

The next moment, he feels his heart filled to the brim with love and affection for him, wanting to shower him with everything he has, even if he bleeds. He'd gladly give his heart for Jay to rip it away, tear it apart.

Yet he'll gladly give him a second heart if he possessed one.

His hands were trembling, and he tried to control himself to let the boy sleep. If he can't be his other half, he'd gladly be his second choice.

He'd settle for anything if it means he could have Jay close to him.

Even if that means watching him going crazy over someone else, he would endure it.

He was permanently wounded and hollow from within either way.

He laughed, gingerly tracing the skin near his chest.

He had already ripped his heart from his ribcage and given it to Jay.

Oh criminal love, so sinful, yet so delectable.

•••••

Word count: 1,128

Author's note:
An update after quite a long time. I know apologies aren't enough, but I genuinely feel so bad for making you guys wait :( My exams got over a few days ago, and I've been just resting because exams drained me out beyond imagination. The days were so shit....
Thank you for showering so much love on this book. I appreciate each one of you, please know that!! Thank you for waiting, and I'll try to be more regular<3 Thanks for being so patient and understanding,really. Stay healthy, and take care<3
~Poppy🤍