Afghan S.O.S

Dining Hall

May 25, 2021

About two months had passed since all the student's families had visited for the week. Ever since the death of Watson's father, he had been mourning his loss as his friend tried to comfort him, especially Emerald. Since time was passing, things were getting worse throughout the world and more problems arose. Nations that are allies or are in debt to China which includes Pakistan, Kenya, Zambia, Laos, Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, Djibouti, Angola, Egypt, Sudan, Somalia, Tanzania, Zambia, The Republic of Congo, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Cuba, Syria, Maldives, Tajikistan, Malaysia, and Mongolia were all suddenly seeing Salmania, Astar, and Kemonia as official sovereign nations. President Biden and his administration were also making plans to announce that they officially see the three newborn countries founded under Salem as official nations, stating that they want to make open diplomatic relations to benefit society and start a new era, much to the people and the UHL's protests.

Relations between Russia and Ukraine grow sour when Ukraine was wanting to make plans to join NATO, and in response, Russia started to build up military forces near the border between the two countries and in Belarus. Vladimir Putin had tried to justify his actions by claiming that Ukrainian society and government were dominated by Neo-Nazism, but the Russian president's rhetoric was found to be exaggerated. While Ukraine does suffer a far-right fringe, including the Neo-Nazi linked Azov Battalion and Right Sector, Ukrainian society and government wasn't run by Neo-Nazism. Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy stated that he was Jewish and that his grandfather fought in the Soviet Union against the Nazies during World War II, and that three of his grandfather's family members were killed in the Holocaust. The UHL Council was beginning to question Russia's position within the organization.

Concerns grow as China has already built three battle airships, including a flying aircraft carrier, and has over a couple dozen more under construction. Experts stated that President Xi intends to solve China's "Taiwan problem" sooner than expected thanks to China's new partnership with Salem.

Right now inside Beacon's dining hall, Teams RWBY, JNPR, GRMA, CFDT, JAAR, and OBSA were all seated at their tables close together having their lunches. Robert was reading a news article on his phone.

"Can you believe this shit?" Robert asked. "Biden wants to make peace with Salem."

"I can see that going well," Blake sarcastically said with an eyeroll.

"He's probably doing this just to smell Salem's hair," Jacket jokes, making everyone chuckle.

"I'll be honest, while I am a liberal minded myself and I wasn't originally a fan of Trump at first, but the more corruption he exposed within the government and the more good he did, the more my views on the Democrats swayed," Britney said.

"You're a Democrat?" Jacob asked.

"Yes, me and Rebecca both. And not all of us like what the Democrats are doing now with all this woke and Cancel Culture crap. Take people like Elon Musk for example, he believes everyone is entitled to their own views and speech no matter how ridiculous and stupid some of them might be. And Bill Maher, he stated that his views haven't changed but the party itself has," Britney said.

"That's true, Britney," Kendra said.

"Why are you guys against these Democrats so much?" Pyrrha asked.

"They can't be that bad," Oscar said.

"Oh yes they can!" Robert retorted.

"While some of them aren't all that bad like Britney said, the Democrats arguably have a long history of corruption dating back during the days of slavery," Jesse said.