Court Hearing

June 17, 2020

The next day, everyone in the house was gathered in the living room and around the flat screen television as Professor Ozpin, Qrow, and Cade had already left. Velvet, Weiss, Allen, and Ilia were sitting on the couch, Jacob, Britney, Ren, and Jaune all sat on chairs with Nora and Pyrrha sitting on their boyfriends' laps. Ruby and Yang sat next to each other on the floor in front of the couch and Robert and Kendra sat next to each other. Kelly, Fox, Yatsuhashi, Blake, Rebecca, Ricky, and Coco all sat in different spots on the floor.

"How do you think this will go?" Velvet asked.

"Boring like all government meetings," Coco answered.

"I wouldn't count on it. After all, they are talking about what to do about the Huntsmen, go over the ups and downs of having them around, and how they would benefit society if they're to be accepted," Allen said.

"He's right. This is new to Earth and like America, the rest of Earth needs to adapt to having Remnant around, just as Remnant need to adapt to having Earth around," Yatsuhashi said.

"Either way, it might be painful to watch. So we're gonna have to endure it for now," Kendra said.

"Let's get this over with," Britney said.

"Somebody turn on the TV," Weiss said.

Ricky grabs the remote and turns on the TV and switches to a live feed showing a courtroom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Washington D.C.

Supreme Court Building

Courtroom

Meanwhile at Washington D

Meanwhile at Washington D.C. in the courtroom of the Supreme Court building, several politicians were seated inside. Sitting up in front of the politicians behind a table was Keaton as he sorted through some papers. A few news crews with cameras watch everything from the sides of the courtroom. Stepping up to behind the front table were the nine Supreme Court judges as they all took their seats.

"We've all gathered here today to discuss the decision of whether the United States should have Huntsmen and Huntresses as additional protection within and beyond our borders or have them face restrictions upon having their aura unlocked," one of the judges said.

"Captain Gordon, would you please step forward and give us all your report?" another judge asked.

Keaton stood up with some papers in his hands and walked over to the podium to face the Supreme Court judges. Keaton then began to speak.

"Thank you. I'd like to go over the potentialities of having Huntsmen and Huntresses of our own. I speak from both my findings and from personal experiences working alongside Remnant's Huntsmen. Ever since the world of Remnant's creation, monstrous beings known as the Creatures of Grimm have been that world's number one threat. And now that Remnant has now become a part of our world, the chances of having the Grimm enter our borders to create havoc are very likely. And the Grimm are currently led by Salem, the woman behind the global attacks that is responsible for the millions of deaths of men, women, and children, and is currently locked up at an undisclosed location at this time, along with almost all of her accomplices. They still would have been running around if it hadn't been for the heroic actions of a large group of Huntsmen and Huntresses, eight of which are legal American citizens."

Everyone paid close attention as Keaton continued with his report.

"The Huntsmen can also serve for both military and law enforcement purposes. Remnant's most northern Kingdom of Atlas has utilized Huntsmen well for military purposes. The choice is up to these Huntsmen whether they join a military, act as law enforcement, or act on their own accord. Before individuals become official Huntsmen, they must go over to a Huntsmen Academy to train and be prepared for the potential dangers they would face in the future. For the past several months, I have worked and fought alongside several of Remnant's Huntsmen and Huntresses, and their work has proven to be quite effective and efficient. In conclusion, the benefits of having our own Huntsmen and Huntresses to protect this nation's citizens far outweigh the liabilities. And I would also like to add that our nation's allies are also making plans to have Huntsmen and Huntresses into their societies. It is beneficial that our society does the same. That's all. Thank you."

Keaton turns and walks back to his seat.

"Thank you for giving us your report, Captain Gordon. And now let us hear some statements and reasoning of these findings from some of congress and others," one of the judges said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knoxville, Tennessee

Rental Home

Back at the rental home in Knoxville, Teams RWBY, GRMA, JNPR, CFDT, and CFVY, and Oscar, and Ilia watch Keaton on the television giving his report.

"Keaton is quite detailed in his report," Blake said.

"Well he is trying to make a convincing case to have Huntsmen and future Huntsmen have the okay to run around," Weiss said.

"Let's just hope that the court doesn't overturn this case," Robert said.

"What do you mean?" Velvet asked.

"There are gonna be some people out there that may see Huntsmen in a negative light and may not want them around. Or at the very least, be their lap dogs," Kendra answered.

Later at night, Weiss, Allen, and Jacob were still on the couch watching the Supreme Court case on Huntsmen use, while everyone else had wandered off around the house doing other activities. Sometimes they would get back to watching the TV to check on the progress of the case. Everyone soon gathered around to check on the progress.

"What's going on now, Weiss?" Pyrrha asked.

"The Supreme Court had just voted by a seven to two vote to have Huntsmen active in the United States," Weiss answered.

"No surprise that it would be voted in, since a lot of the world is doing it too," Kendra said.

"There were some people there that tried to argue against it. And some of them gave repetitive arguments. But, all in all, it was a win for us," Jacob said.

"Yeah, this one wide-eyed chick kept on saying how having children train to become Huntsmen and Huntresses is similar to turning them into child soldiers, despite Keaton giving out different arguments that ensure the students' safety," Weiss said.

"Wide-eyed chick?" Kelly asked.

"I think she's talking about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez," Rebecca answered.

"I can agree with Weiss on that. I mean, seriously. Every time she widens her eyes, they look like they're about to pop out of their sockets," Allen said.

"Amen to that," Robert said.

"She makes a better bartender then a politician," Britney said

"Well I think she looks fantastic," Fox said with a smile.

"Good one, Fox," Coco said.

"It's getting late. We should all be getting some rest soon," Ren said.

"Alright. I'll be catching some Zs then," Yang said.

"See you all in the morning then," Britney said.

Everyone walks out of the living room to get to sleep.