Part 8

TW: Mentions of Suicide

October 19th, 2027

Maybe Progress

Day 1645,

It's been around two weeks since I was injured and met Alex. Despite how off putting and creepy they are, they are pretty good at all this medical shit. Without them I probably would have healed with crooked ribs and a headache that would last five times longer than the one I had. They aren't as annoying as I thought they would be. But they do piss me off at times, they may be book smart, but they are pretty awkward socially. They probably isolated themselves even before all this happened.

We decided to go on a walk today so I can get out of that damned hospital and get my car back as well. Along the way there, I saw a gas station, so I figured we'd get some stuff to eat. I don't think Alex has had any junk food their entire life because they had no idea what anything was or how to work it. It was so fucking funny, when they got their slurpy, they had NO IDEA how to turn it off. They stood there with their cup overflowing and pressing and hitting everything EXCEPT THE LEVER!! Omfg it was hilarious, and their face was so funny after I just pushed the lever to stop it!! And when they had some warheads! OH GOD DUDE! It was the best thing ever!!

We eventually got to my car, and I drove us back to the hospital. Alex ran a few more tests and took a few more scans to see how everything was healing. They say that we only need to stay here for a month or so till I'm healed. But I don't know what I'm going to do once I'm healed. There's nothing, no goal or way to bring everyone back. Continuing just feels pointless at this point, but now that I've met Alex, I feel guilty about wanting to leave after finding them. They'll be alone in this place again, but I DON'T want to stay here. Having only one other person here won't change anything. I'm just so tired, I want it to be over. No more living in this fucked up bubble of a world.

Even if it was for a little, I did have fun today with Alex. They are not as shitty as I thought. I didn't feel as lonely for a little while. It felt nice to relax for a while and just exist without feeling like I'm trapped. I'll save overthinking and planning for tomorrow, I'm so tired that I just want to sleep right now.

Till later,

Angel,