Aziraphale felt more lost then before.

"Would you like me to be not there?", the Metatron asked.

"I would, but these to know better. Also, you aren't an archangel, are you?" Aziraphale let out his nervous laugh. The Metatron didn't hate him now, did he? No- he couldn't, right? Did Micheal and Uriel-?

"But you would like me to be there?", he asked, but more  as if he was stating a fact.

If Aziraphale could sweat, he would right now. "Uhm, I-"

"Now, enough with the questions. We have serious issues at hand." Michael said as Uriel guided Aziraphale away.

The three of them left, leaving the Metatron standing there.

Uriel and Michael guided Aziraphale to a new floor.

"Sit down over there.", Uriel commanded, turning away from Aziraphale, who sat down.

"Something's definitely up with him." Michael stated. "He always behaves strange but I cannot imagine he would leave Raph- his former-demon-former-friend for this."

Uriel looked at Aziraphale, who looked nervous because couldn't listen to their conversation. "What happened then? If he really chose to do this, he would've brought Raphael back. You don't think he doesn't know about him, do you?"

Michael crossed her arms. "I believe Aziraphale remembers him. They've been... cooperating for too long. Why wouldn't he tell him?"

Uriel looked at Michael. "I can think of a couple reasons why." Uriel sighed. " Fine. Why not test him?" Micheal nodded.

"Aziraphale?", Uriel asked, walking towards him.

"Yes? So, uhm, which... important matters are at hand?"

Michael spoke up. "We've lost two of the original four archangels now. You replaced Gabriel, but what are we going to do about... Raphael?"

She spoke the name clearly and meaningfully, the both of them watching Aziraphale's reaction carefully.

(i can't explain why, but i find this incredibly amusing for no reason. i just imagine them leaning over aziraphale like the one scene from bullet train. you don't have to thank me for putting this in your brain x)

He looked like he just realised something. His pupils widened and he focused on the table in front of him.

Uriel and Michael turned to each other, doing nothing to stop him from zoning out.

                          -Before The Beginning-

Raphael had made it clear that he wanted his nebulae to exist longer than the few thousand years it was supposed to.

While Aziraphale fully agreed with him, he couldn't help but worry about his only friend.

He was scared for him. Aziraphale didn't have many friends amongst the other angels, but he knew Raphael would be there for him, although he was lower in rank than him.

Raphael covered him with one of his wings and together they watched the yellow lights rain down above them.

Aziraphale knew that Raphael knew what they were, and  he knew he loved explaining it to him, but right now, Aziraphale didn't want to ask.

"But what if you get into serious trouble for asking those few questions? I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

Raphael looked at him, smiling brightly. "You don't have to be scared for me. I'll only ask. I'm sure God would understand. These stars, the nebulae and so on, they're my creations. For me these are something like what we are to God, right?"

Aziraphale thought about that. Raphael was right. He always was.

"I'm sure She'd understand. Besides, the worst thing that could happen to me would be... something taken away from me, right? And She wouldn't take my beautiful nebulae away from me."

He turned to look at the worried angel, smiling at his sweetness.

"What if I asked for you?", Aziraphale suddenly suggested.

Raphael looked taken aback. "Oh, really, you don't have to do that. No, you shouldn't do that, what if something happens- Oh. Now I get it."

Aziraphale nodded.

The shower of whatever it was was over now, so Raphael took his wing down. He turned to fully look at Aziraphale.

"Nothing bad will happen, okay?", he smiled, genuinely.

Aziraphale saw Raphael changing after that moment.

Apparently, Raphael didn't get through to God, but met some other angels instead. He hung around them a lot, but he always made sure to check up on Aziraphale.

But then, he stopped. Raphael didn't come back. And his new friends were gone, too.

Aziraphale was panicking, and it didn't stop when he was told that if angels did bad things, they would fall and become demons.

And suddenly, demons were his enemies. His only friend was suddenly his enemy.

                                 -Present Day-

"Raphael...", Aziraphale murmured to himself.

And there it was again; Aziraphale felt that funny feeling again. The only being who was a real friend to him, was suddenly his enemy. And it was his fault. Again.

Uriel and Michael were still silent.

Aziraphale began to panic. He looked around, outside.

"Crowley...", he murmured to himself.

'In the celestial echoes of olden days, when the angel hears a long-lost name anew, a forgotten memory shall rise like embers from the past, sparking a chain of happenings. It shall not happen in your presence, my girl, but the redhead's recovery you shall grant, until the minute he comes seeking your advice.'

- - -
'Ello again.

Would ya vote for this chapter if you liked it?