27 | Reannor City

Start from the beginning

"Are you crazy?" Rylann asked, eyes darting to Crosshair.

"What would General Shaak Ti say to you right now?" Crosshair asked, his raised brow daring her to yield.

Rylann's nostrils flared. The little brat. "She would tell me to trust the Force."

A smug smirk inched its way onto Cross's lips. "Very good. Now do it."

"Fine," Rylann scoffed, closing her eyes. And as if in second nature, she found herself trusting her instincts. "You'll tell me if I'm about to hit something, right?"

Cross remained quiet which did not ease any misgivings Rylann had, but she did her best to trust him and herself.

In a moment, she felt that she needed to stop flying forward and just land the ship. Hopefully, they weren't over water. She went through the motions of landing a ship. She vaguely recalled what Tech had described to her regarding the landing process, but she just found her hands doing things on their own and the ship landed on a solid surface. Thank the Maker.

"Wow," Crosshair breathed out, startling her eyes open. Rylann glanced over at the clone who was staring at her with approval in his eyes. "You did it."

"Did you doubt me?" Rylann asked, jaw dropping as she let out a laugh. "You little brat."

Crosshair did what Rylann never expected...he guffawed. "You're really taking this toddler thing to the next level, aren't you?"

"You're playing the part well," Rylann said, a smirk widening on her lips.

"Come on," Cross said, unbuckling. "We have to make the delivery."

"Oh, yeah," Rylann chuckled. She had almost forgotten. She furrowed her brows as a thought entered her mind. "Wait, why didn't we get asked for a clearance code—in fact, we didn't even get communicated with at all."

Rylann's eyes perused the small Kaminoan platform. There were no other ships in sight and this dock seemed to be the only part of the city besides the one building that was part of the platform. What type of city had only one building?

"It's a secret mission—" Crosshair stated, gesturing to the dark sky. "Hence the late night adventure."

Rylann's jaw dropped. She got to be on a secret mission? Now that was as cool as ferin tipsii. "Who are the supplies for?"

"The proto-clones," Crosshair said as they lowered the ramp to begin moving the crates out. "This is their home."

Proto-clones... Why did that sound familiar to Rylann? Then she recalled the meeting from a couple weeks ago when the other Jedi came to choose clones for their ranks. Didn't Shaak Ti mention something about Proto-class clones that were original clones from Jango except with modifications? Something about how all clones came from the Proto-class clones instead of Jango—especially with Jango being dead and all.

"So, these are the originals?" she asked, more curious now than ever. She had seen Omega's name on the list, rather confused since the little clone didn't live in Reannor City.

"Yep," Crosshair said, closing the ramp behind them as the supply crates settled beside the ship. "Well, the original 'special' ones. They are the ones who trained my vod."

Rylann's brows furrowed. "Vod?"

"Brothers," Crosshair answered without skipping a beat.

"Ah, Jango was from Mandalore, I forget," Rylann said, the little Mando'a she knew rising up from the sea of old thoughts. "So, you were trained by these proto-clones? Were they trained by Jango? I heard Jango was lethal in combat."