Training Sucks

Sarah hated Miles and Gale with a passion, but they had allowed her to come to the Quidditch game against Slytherin. They, though, had stayed in the castle planning her next few hours of torture.

Now, however, Sarah was not sure if this was punishment or reward. Ron was playing as the new keeper and he was...less than satisfactory.

Sarah winced as another quaffle got in. The Slytherin's had started up a song mocking Ron and Sarah debated if it would be worth destroying the entire Slytherin team.

Though she stopped this line of thinking when it became evident to her that it would be the kind of thing Jareth did.

The Slytherin cheer drew Sarah out of her thoughts of behaving better than Jareth and she once more began thinking of beheading. Perhaps the Fire Gang could "accidently" fall into the Slytherin common room, or Malfoy's dorm, shit happened.

Suddenly, Harry and Malfoy went racing to eat Sarah could only assume was the snitch. Harry, of course, caught it and the game was ended with Gryffindor winning and Slytherin invoking the Gryffindor team.

"Harry! HARRY! GEORGE! NO!" The two advanced on Malfoy and began attacking him.

"Oh shit, this is bad." Sarah muttered as she watched McGonagall reach the three boys and Umbridge quickly advanced with her.

They watched as the group disappeared and the crowd in the stands dispersed.

"It was Malfoy's fault! He invoked the Weasley's and obviously Harry could not just watch as his best friend's family was insulted!" Sarah ranted to Luna and Ginny.

"We need to do something about this." Sarah determined as she dragged the other two girls down away from their dorms.

"Sarah where are you taking us?" Ginny questioned as she tried to keep up with the girl. For someone with such short legs, the Fae was fast.

"Is  it not obvious? The Slytherin dorms." Luna answered for Sarah as the Fae girl began searching through her bag.

"We are going to booby trap the dorm entrance, I know I have some things in here." Sarah muttered before she pulled out a few sealed vials.

"Right, time to work. Luna pour this over there. Ginny, it is only fitting you have the honors of activating this one..." Sarah ordered the other two girls as she herself added a little Fae magic.

"And now we wait." Sarah whispered as the three found a hiding spot and waited.

They were not kept waiting very long.

"And now those idiots got themselves banned from playing!"

"Did you see their faces?"

The Slytherin team all talked at once about how the Gryiffindor team were now down three players.

"How can McGonagall let this happen?" Ginny questioned and was quickly hushed by both Sarah and Luna.

"Wait for it..." Sarah muttered and then a very loud sound rang out from the entrance of the dorm.

"What the hell?" Shouted one of the snakes as he began to itch and the more he itched the more his skin turned the Gryffindor colors. Though others turned to become walking banners for the other houses so that the Gryffindors could not bare the whole blame for the prank.

The three friends slinked away from where the Slytherin's were all screams bloody murder. Together, they entered the common room and quickly spread the good news of the Gryffindor revenge.

But, of course, you did not hear it from them and they just so happened to be passing by at the perfect time to witness the "incident".

"Next should be Dolores." Sarah grinned wickedly as plans began to form.

"And here I thought you were the kind one." Fred muttered just loud enough for her to hear.

"Oh I am. My counterpart would have not hesitated to throw her head first into the bog and then proceed to turn her over to the less...helpful of our people." Sarah answered with a smile.

Her good time was cut short when Miles, oh so helpfully, reminded her that she had "real" work to do.

As Sarah, grimly, entered the room Gale said nothing but instead he held out Sarah's beloved sword. She grasped the hilt and basked in the familiar feel of the grip. Memories surged through her mind and, for a moment, she was lost in thought.

This katana had been with her for centuries and had, loyally, defended her and others. A sword master may wield the blade but, much like a wizards wand, the blade choose her.

Drawing the sword, she grinned at the weight of the blade, and of the sight of the crimson red of the Fae metal.

"We have been approaching this the wrong way. You always fought better with your blade." Gale said in his clipped English as Sarah tried a few practice swings; the sound of her blade slicing through air was like a symphony of music to her ears.

Her Katana was a light sword for one whom practiced the arts and yet the weight had never thrown her off balance. Immediately, the young Fae queen focused upon the task at hand. She did not feel, she only acted.

"That is better." Miles called in approval from where he was positioned under her boot. Sarah simply smiled in reply. It felt so good to hold her blade once more.

"Hello, Excalibur, it has been quite some time." She whispered and felt the blade vibrate in response before it settled into a dull thrum that vibrated through her very blood.

The beat was much like that of a heartbeat and it worked in time with her own.

Damn, how she had missed her blade, but it was difficult to hide such a thing in her dorm and, at the end of the training session, Miles took it back from her. Yet, Sarah could still feel the beat that projected from the blade and it brought her comfort to have that connection once more.

When Sarah had left the O.R.G. she had also left her blade behind, it was too easy to trace, and so, for centuries, Sarah had been without it.

It was only right that her blade was by her side once more, for one final battle.