Chapter 6- Proving Her Innocence

Start from the beginning

She smiled looking at the latter. "Good morning" she greeted.

"Apko bhi good morning" Karishma replied, finally putting a break.

"Apne voh assignment kiya?" Haseena asked.

Karishma smiled once again. How to explain her that she had done her assignment long ago, and that yesterday she was just searching for an excuse to talk to her.

"Ji kar liya" Karishma said and they both began to walk towards the class for their first lecture.

Haseena was not being attentive, she was just looking here and there, around the campus as if she was searching for someone.

"Kya hua? Kisi ka intezar tha?" Karishma asked and Haseena shook her head in no.

"Nahi. . ." her voice trailed "kya Rohit aya hai aaj?" Haseena asked, avoiding eye contact.

"Nahi, aaj voh nahi ayega, kyu kya hua?"

"Bas ese hi puch rhe the" She said in a low tone, "Chaliye hum chalte hai. Bad me milenge" Haseena said and walked away.

After hearing that, she sighed in relief. Her bully would not be coming today, so she could atleast study in peace.

________________

"Kya leke ayi ho tum lunch mein?" Anisha asked while opening her lunchbox and Karishma snorted a laugh. "Yaar meri mummy bhi na, aaj teesri bar lunchbox mein kese dal ke bhej diye hai"

"Haan toh acha haina. Tum kuch kharid ke khaalo. Varna roz toh ghar ke aye khane ko kosti ho" Karishma said, taking a bite of her food from her lunchbox.

"Haan toh, roz achar aur dahi chawal kese kha sakti hu mein" Anisha said.

"Yeh sab chodo, yeh btao ab kesi ho tum? Sagar ke arrest hone ke baad"

"Hmm, Iam trying to cope up. I never imagined he would do something like this." Anisha said with a sigh.

"Imagine toh humne bhi nhi kiya tha. Lekin uss din jab Haseena ne humein sach dikhaya tha, hamari ankhe khuli ki khuli reh gyi thi" Karishma said with the same disbelief.

"Voh kameeni?" Anisha said, making Karishma choke on her food.

"Kameeni kyu bol rhi ho toh in he" Karishma asked, trying to hide her anger.

"That bastard tried to steal my money" Anisha said, chewing her food in anger.

"Esa ho hi nahi sakta!" Karishma said, getting up from her ch aur in anger. This would be the nth time she had heard shit talking regarding Haseena.

"Chill, uske liye itna gussa kyu ho rhi ho?" Anisha asked

"Because you are just believing what others are saying" Karishma said amd held her wrist.

"Are hath kyu pakad rahi ho hamara?" Anisha asked but Karishma did not reply, instead she just dragged her where she knew Haseena would be.

Isolated from everyone, Haseena was having her lunch behind the canteen. It was the only place where she could have her lunch in peace, without being bullied or being beaten by anyone, without getting called names. But that seemed to be not the case today, soon she was welcomed by Karishma and her friend Anisha who believed she was a total liar, a womanizer and a thief.