²

season three x episode fifteen

━𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐖𝐎 days since the night at Joe's bar. Since then, Meredith, Cristina, and I have all become good friends. Somehow, it feels like I've known them longer than I actually have. When we were at the bar, we each became drunk. Not a simple and easy drunk, but an unbelievable drunk. Which left me with a dreadful hangover that was cured with the help of sunglasses and aspirin.

When I arrive at the hospital, I don't bother to go to the locker rooms. I changed into my scrubs at my apartment. I walk my way over to the clinic, looking for any sign of my friends. During my adventure, I exchange smiles with the staff walking in the hallways. 

I push the doors open to the clinic. Behind me, I see someone I haven't met, but I know her name from asking around. It's Dr. Sydney Heron. She's pushing a cart of medical supplies, so I hold the door open and shoot her a smile.

"Sydney Heron here to lend a hand. Hey. Hi, hello!" she cheered into the bustling clinic. Bailey scrunches her face at Sydney's entrance, quickly collecting her belongings and turning away.

"Oh, Miranda. Hey. Nice clinic! Very nice." Sydney continues, still rolling the cart.

"Hey, Sydney," Bailey mumbled.

"I mean real, real nice. Cheerful!" Sydney crashes her cart into another as she giggles. "No better way to distinguish yourself for Chief Resident than to open a multimillion-dollar clinic. Smart thinking. Strategic."

"Chief Resident?" Bailey asks.

"I myself have used the time to master several complex surgical procedures. But this is, um, another way to go." Sydney replies with a smile. 

I make my way to the doors leading out of the clinic. I want to find Cristina and Meredith. 

⭒☂━━━━━━━━☂⭒

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄, I find Cristina and Meredith in the locker rooms. I go to my locker and grab my bag of goldfish to snack on. I forgot to eat breakfast this morning.

I slam my locker and sit down on the metal bench next to both Meredith and Cristina's lockers. Eating my snack, I notice Cristina peek out from her locker door at Meredith. Meredith turns and looks at her.

"What?" Meredith questions. Cristina's facial expression drops slightly.

"Nothing," Cristina replies. After turning back to hide in her locker again, she slowly peeks out again.