Reunited?

~SABITO POV~

"Sabito! Sabito! Sabito!" A female voice called out to me...Makomo's voice...I looked down from the boulder I was seated on to see Makomo. "Yes Makomo?" I asked in what I hoped was a cheerful tone (it wasn't). "Tanjiro-kun defeated the hand demon. I though you'd want to know. It's wonderful isn't it?" Makomo informed, while taking a seat on the ground. So he really did it..."Yes. I have to say, there was a moment when I didn't think he'd be able to." I admitted. "I'm just glad he survived..." Makomo said. "Yeah...it would've been hard for the old man to loose another student." I agreed. "It's Urokodaki-sensei to you." Makomo said while pointing her finger at me and I couldn't help but let out a chuckle. We sat in a comfortable silence for a while, both of us lost in our own thoughts, when Makomo broke the silence by asking. "I wonder what will happen to us now..?" "What do you mean?" I asked skeptically. "I mean, I assumed the reason we were here was to train Tanjiro-kun to help him defeat the hand demon...So I wonder what will happen now..?" Makomo explained. What she said made sense actually...Now that Tanjiro killed the hand demo, will we officially die? "Well, I'm going to sleep now. You should sleep soon too, Sabito-kun." Makomo said before standing up and walking away. "Good night..." I reply half-heartedly, clearly lost in my thoughts. Will we actually die now? I guess being trapped on this mountain for so long made me forget that I'm actually dead...It feels weird now...God damn it, this isn't manly! I can't be afraid of dying! I wasn't afraid during Final Selection, so why now? I'll be able to meet my family again, I should be happy! I wonder if they're is proud of me...I'll find out tomorrow...Tomorrow, I'll wake up and see them again...I should be happy...I'll be fine...I'll be fine...I'll be fine....I'll be-

-Sabito fell asleep.-
-TIME SKIP: THE NEXT MORNING: SABITO POV-

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. Where am I? What is this place? I was in a fairly large yet plain bedroom. Why am I here? I slowly get up from the floor where I'd been lying just moments ago and exit the room. Maybe if I look around more I'll have some idea of where I am. I got up from the floor where I'd been laying just moments ago, and exited the room to see a long hallway with many rooms. It was so plain...Does anyone even live here? I kept walking until I noticed a silhouette of a person in one of the rooms. I could hear bits of a conversation going on. I decided to enter the room and see what's going on. I need all the clues I could get. After making sure I was invisible to others, I swept through the walls to see...Tanjiro and someone else. I felt like I've seen them before...I decided to take a closer look and that's when I noticed their haori...Giyuu! He looks so different now! Is he wearing half of my yukata? He probably wore it to remember me, that's my best friend! Giyuu has met Tanjiro? I wonder how that went...I should probably listen to their conversation, maybe I'll get more clues. "Tomioka-san, I wanted to thank you for everything you've done for me and Nezuko!" Tanjiro said to Giyuu. Huh...I wonder what Giyuu did. "You don't need to thank me. I didn't do much." Giyuu replied in a monotone voice. What's with that reaction? The Giyuu I know would've gotten flustered and happy. "That's not true Tomioka-san! You believed in me and Nezuko and gave us a second chance! Without you, we wouldn't be here! You even risked your life for Nezuko's sake! Thank you very much for everything you've done for us!" Tanjiro said while bowing down. Giyuu did all that? So, Giyuu must've been the one who sent Tanjiro to Urokodaki. I looked over at Giyuu. He had no proper reaction but I could tell he was happy and shocked. "It's no problem..." He softly said after a while and I swore I saw him smile before he put on his poker face once again. He was acting just like the old man...I wonder why....I already miss his smile...It hurts to see him like this. "You just got back from your mission right? Are you hurt?" Giyuu asked after a while. He's still caring as ever..."I'm fine, Tomioka-san! Nezuko slept the whole time, so it was fine! Though Inosuke and Zenitsu fought the whole time..." Tanjiro replied with fond smile. They seemed close...I was glad Giyuu had someone to talk to..."Tomioka-san, I was actually wondering if you could do me a favour. I have a mission tonight and I don't want to take Nezuko with me, do you mind watching over her for me?" Tanjiro asked hesitantly. Knowing Giyuu, he wouldn't say no even if he did mind. "I don't mind..." Giyuu mumbled. Normally he'd be more enthusiastic...He's changed a lot...Not just his appearance, his behaviour too. "Thank you very much, Tomioka-san! I'll drop Nezuko later, when I'm leaving for my mission." Tanjiro said and Giyuu just nodded in response. "MONITSU FIGHT MEE!" "SHUT UP! NEZUKO-CHAN IS SLEEPING!" Ah, these must be Tanjiro's friends...God, they're loud. "I'm very sorry about them, Tomioka-san. I'll be taking my leave now. See you later!" Tanjiro said before leaving the room, giving Giyuu one last wave. Their bond is kind of wholesome...Once Tanjiro left, Giyuu stood up and headed to his room, me following behind him. I wonder why I'm here, though...I thought I'd be able to leave now that Tanjiro slayed the hand demon...But...I'm kind of relieved I'm alive. I'm happy to watch over Giyuu. He's grown a lot over these 8 years...I wonder if I should reveal myself to him. I'll only reveal myself if I'm needed. Maybe it was good I died. Revealing myself may cause unnecessary drama. I'm fine with just watching over Giyuu for now...

A/N: I'm sorry I didn't post for a while, I just didn't have the motivation! I promise I'll post the next chapter sooner! Question for you: Do you think Nezuko would be stronger if she ate humans? What rank will she be?