Chapter Three

Chapter Three

"I wasn't trying to kill myself." Andy blurted out.

"I know. We all do." Villa told her, briefly going back over to the bed to give Andy a gentle kiss on her forehead. "I'll be right back, okay?" Villa watched Andy nod and made her way out of the room, sighing.

It was a few minutes later when Villa returned with Meredith.

"Hi, Herrera," Meredith said, walking into the room behind Robert and Vila and closing the door. "We need to talk about the next steps."

"Which are?"

"I need to know if you meant to try to kill yourself," Meredith asked, sitting down on a chair.

"I didn't. I just- I just wanted to be numb." Andy told her, looking down, not being able to look anyone in the eye. "I promise. I have a lot to live for and I didn't mean to cause this much trouble."

"Andy, I don't know why you suddenly feel this way, but I do know you need help."

"I know," Andy said, wiping a tear from her cheek. "But how do I do that?"

"You can either be admitted to the hospital on a 72-hour hold, or you can go home and have mandatory sessions with Diane."

"Wouldn't I need to talk to someone before I go back to work anyways?"

"You would. But I don't think work should be what's on your mind right now. You have bigger things to deal with." Meredith told her, standing up. "Personally, I think I should put you on a 72-hour psych hold. I don't know if you can go home when Robert and everyone else close around you has work."

"I was going to take off some time," Robert told her.

"I don't start at SPD for 2 weeks, Ands," Villa told them.

"I'd still feel more comfortable with you on a 72-hour hold. I just don't want anything to happen to you. I think it would be a better idea to keep you in the hospital anyways because of the cuts and your head injury."

"Doesn't seem like I have a choice in this." Andy sighed. "Fine. 72-hour hold and then I get to leave, right? My concussion will have mostly healed by then, right?"

"Yes, it will have healed by then," Meredith told her. "Listen, I'll let you get some time in with your friends but then you have to say goodbye and we'll move you to the psych ward."

Andy nods and Meredith leaves the room. Andy sighs and leans back into the pillow behind her head.

"Andy, do you want us to stay or do you want us to go?"

"I want you to stay as long as you can. I don't want to be alone." Andy told them. "I just want to say goodbye to Rosie, Vic and Travis," Andy told them. "I heard Vic and Travis were the ones who responded to the call?"

"We were," Vic said, stepping into the room. "We wanted to talk to you about what we saw but Robert and Dr. Grey figured we should just let you get some rest but then I bumped into your sister and why have you never told us about her? Why was she some big secret?"

"She wasn't"

"I wasn't"

Andy and Annalise replied at the same time. They looked at each other and giggled.

"We didn't mean to keep it a secret. It's just we didn't want to spring it on each other so the only ones who knew were Rosie and Robert." Villa told them.

"But why wouldn't Andy tell us? We've been in her life and her family for years now."

"As Anna said, we didn't want to spring it on people," Andy told her.

"We deserved to know though. Not find out when you're in the hospital and you need your family around. Speaking of, where is your family?" Travis asked, crossing his arms.

"I don't know. I've only been awake a couple of hours." Andy told Travis and turned to Robert. "Do they know?"

"I called them when you were admitted. Michelle answered but I haven't been able to get in touch with her Tia or Tio." Robert turned his wife's face turns into a frown. Villa noticed.

"Do you want me to try and track them down?" Villa asked, pulling out her phone. "I'm sure Captain Rendon would be more than happy to help." Villa sees Andy hesitate but still nods her head. "Alright, I'll call him and try to look for them. I'll try to be back before they transfer you but if not, I love you so much, Andy. You'll get through this." Villa leaned down to kiss her forehead and then walked out.

"Thank you, Anna," Andy said and gave her sister a small smile as she walked out. "Trav, Vic, I appreciate you guys staying to check on me but I'd like to talk to Rosie and Robert right now." Travis and Vic nod their heads, say goodbye and then walk out. Leaving Rosie, Robert and Andy as the only one's in the room.

"What did you want to talk to us about?" Rosie asked.

"When are you going to propose to my sister?" Andy asks bluntly. "I mean come on. You've been dating for nearly 2 years."

"Yeah, we have. But I figured she wouldn't want to get married so soon after Eddie."

Andy sighs. "I get it, I do. Villa struggled with losing him but she loved you, Rosie. She constantly gushes about you."

Robert laughs at his wife's bluntness. "Andy, baby, you can't just force the man to propose."

"Andy, I love her and she loves me but I don't know if it's what she wants."

Rosie was going to continue when Andy cut her off. "Why don't you just do what you want?" Andy asked and Rosie wasn't sure what to say and Andy smirked.

"Glad you see you didn't lose your spunk." Rosie joked.

"Oh, I don't think I could ever lose it," Andy told him, smirk still in effect. "I just wanted to talk to you about that but now I need to talk to Robert if you don't mind?"

"Not at all. I hope you feel better soon Andy." Rosie went over to the bed and gave her a hug and said bye before leaving the room.

"Andy, why have you been lying?" Robert asked her and she looked down. "Tell me the truth."

"What truth? The truth that I'm hurting? The truth about how I feel like you, Rosie and Annalise are the only ones I feel like I can trust?" A few tears fall from Andy's eyes and Robert wipes them away. "I wasn't lying when I said I have a lot to live for. I am just so tired. I wanted to be numb and I took it too far." Andy looks up at Robert. "Robert, I am so sorry for scaring you and I am so sorry you found me on the floor like that. I'm sorry for how distant I've been lately as well."

"Andy, you promise you weren't trying to kill yourself?"

"I promise," Andy told Robert firmly, looking him in the eyes.