Chapter One

Chapter One - Crossover Rosewood & Station 19

"How the hell did we not notice this?"

"She was holding everyone together."

"She was so focused on trying to pick up the morale in the house."

"When was the last time anyone even asked her if she was okay?"

"She's been leading this house for three months now and we seriously couldn't see a difference in her?"

"We all thought it was just the captaincy."

"She earned it."

"What do we do?"

"The captain of this house has always somehow been isolated. That's why we pranked Theo and why Herrera tried to make dinner for him. So he wouldn't feel isolated."

"So, what do we do now?"

--------------

Andy Herrera was laying in a hospital bed, a breathing tube down her throat, Robert sitting next to her, holding her hand, trying to keep it together when he heard footsteps behind him. 

“She’s going to be okay, Robert.” 

“You're sure?” Robert asked, looking up at Dr. Grey. 

“She had blood loss from the cuts on her legs and the head trauma is also a factor in this.” 

“You sure she’s going to be ok?” Robert once again asked. 

“I’m 100 percent sure, Robert.” Meredith put a hand on his shoulder. “I wouldn’t tell you she would be if I didn’t know her condition. I’ve been at this a long time.” 

Robert nods. “She has a twin sister in Miami. Should I call her?” 

“Are they close? ‘Cause I’ve never heard her mention a sister. Let alone a twin sister.” 

“They didn’t know about each other until they were teenagers. Don’t talk to each other much but they do check in with each other once a month” Robert told her, pulling out his phone. 

“Wow. I had no clue.” 

“No one does besides me, you and her sister’s boyfriend.” 

“What’s her name?” 

“Annalise Villa. She’s a homicide detective.” 

“That’s amazing.” Meredith was flabbergasted, not knowing what to say. 

Robert just nods and turns his head back to his wife. Dr. Grey takes that as her cue to leave. She looks back once more at Andy, hating that her friend was hurting so much that she didn’t notice. 

Robert looked down at Villa’s contact and hesitated. He didn’t know how she would take the news. Especially since she and Villa were as close as ever. After a minute he pushed on the Facetime button and tried to control his breathing. 

It took a few rings for Villa to answer. “Hey, Robert! How are you and my sister-” Villa stopped when she noticed Robert’s appearance. “Robert, what happened?” 

“Andy, she um.” Robert was having trouble getting the words out. 

“Robert, please talk to me,” Annalise begged. 

“Anna, no one had any idea she was so depressed.” Robert let a tear fall. 

Villa’s mouth gasps open until she chokes out a response. “Please tell me she’s alive.” 

“She’s alive. She cut her thighs.” Villa gasps “It looked like she was just hurting and then she regretted it because I found her passed out, some gauze around her but she had also hit her head when she had lost too much blood. It didn’t look like she was trying to kill herself but we’re obviously all worried.” Robert finished. 

“I’m on the next flight out,” Annalise replied, a few tears falling from her eyes. 

“You sure? Don’t you have work?” 

“No, Rosie and I were going to be taking some time off. Since New York, we’ve been swamped with cases and we’ve finally got a break so Captain Slade cleared me for two weeks. Rosie’s sister and her wife are going to be handling the lab. Nothing is going to stop me from coming up Robert.” Annalise told him, running a hand through her hair. 

“Okay. want me to come and pick you up at the airport?” Robert asked, wiping the couple of tears that had fallen. 

“We’ll be fine. Thank you though Robert. And thank you for letting me know what happened.” Annalise replied. 

“Of course. I know how much you two mean to each other.” Robert cracked a small smile. “I’ll see you when you get here. Grey Sloan is the hospital we’re at.” 

“Thank you. I’ll text you when we find out what time the flight leaves. See you soon, Robert.” 

“Bye, Anna.” 

“Bye, Robert,” Annalise said, voice cracking, still not able to grasp that her sister was hurting enough to do what she did. 

Robert hung up the phone and put it on the stand by the bed and went back to holding Andy’s cold hand. “I love you, Andy. So much. Please wake up, baby.” Robert rested his head on the bed by Andy’s hand when he heard a knock on the door and saw Vic. 

“Hey, Robert Is it okay for her to have more visitors yet?” Vic asked, unusually shy. Robert nodded his head and Vic walked over to the other side of the bed. “She’s going to be okay, right?” Vic asked, turning her head from Andy to look at Robert. 

“Dr. Grey said she will be. Her breathing isn’t great right now because of the blood loss and the blow to her head, but she said Andy will be okay.” Robert told her, stroking a stray hair behind Andy’s ear. 

“What’s going to happen when she wakes up?” 

Robert finally looks up at her “She takes time off, she heals, has some therapy sessions and then we’ll see where she’s at.” 

Vic nods and grips Andy’s other hand. All she can think is “How did I miss this.” 

“We all did, Vic.” 

“Oh, Shit. I said that out loud, didn’t I?” Vic asked, blushing. 

“You did. But it’s okay. We’ll figure it out.” Robert reaches across and grabs Vic’s free hand. “We know that she’s having problems. I just don’t know what brought this on.” 

“I think I can answer that.” Vic and Robert heard from the door. “When she was at station 23 she was struggling. She hated it. She was constantly hazed by Maddox and Barnes and even though she would usually shake that stuff off, she just couldn’t handle dealing with it 3-4 days a week.” Diane told them, walking into the room. 

Robert and Vic look at each other and then down. Knowing that she didn’t have the easiest time at 23 but not doing anything about it. Even at home, Robert couldn’t do much to help since he didn’t see her every day so he never knew what would be going on with his wife. 

When visiting hours were over Vic and Diane left and Robert was left in the room, slowly falling asleep but jumping when he heard a knock on the door. 

“Come in!” Robert shouted and looked at the time, seeing he had a missed text and that it was nearly midnight he assumed it was Annalise. “Annalise” he breathed out. “I’m glad you could make it.” 

“There’s no way I wouldn’t come. I missed her anyways.” Annalise gave a small smile and walked over to Robert and leaned down to give Robert a hug and then looked at her sister. Trying to keep her tears at bay she grabbed Andy's hand. "It's going to be okay, Ans. I'm here."

I don’t know if this is my best writing.