Chapter 3 : The Love That Blossomed

//हाथ थाम ले पिया, करते हैं वादा
अब से तू आरजू, तू ही है इरादा//

1st August 2015, Chandigarh
10 PM

Dear Diary,

The last two months were bliss, pure bliss. That night after the party, when we were driving back home, I had the biggest smile plastered on my face.

Chiki thought that I was drunk. But little she knew, I was drunk, not in alcohol, but love.

Wait, love, where did that come from?

I was looking for the answer to my question when a Facebook notification popped on my phone screen.

"Kabir Sethi sent you a friend request."

It was normal, wasn't it? But, my heart was beating out so loud, that I felt it would come out of my chest any minute.

Anyways, I accepted Mr. Sethi's friend request as soon as I could.

The next day, Kabir and I met at the Books N Brew, the same cafe we first came across each other.

Over cups of cold coffee, we shared our likes and dislikes, passions and purposes, dreams and desires, aspirations and amusements, fears and fantasies, stories and songs, secrets and sentiments, and somewhere a piece of our souls and our hearts.

One meeting led to another and another to another.

From cafes to restaurants, from movies to concerts, from amusement parks to gardens, from icecreams to golgappas, from cricket to badminton, from Lata Mangeshkar to Taylor Swift, from Facebook chats to phone calls, we, very soon, turned into friends, best friends and then more than friends.

We felt a spark, the first time we saw each other. And, overall these times we spent together, we realized how we are just too good for each other.

He was everything I ever desired or I ever imagined. He is somebody I began to deeply love and look up to and feel very safe with.

And, lemme tell you a secret: The guy, I thought, stays silent and speaks less or not more than 'hmm', actually talks a lot. By a lot, means a lot. I mean, I cannot describe it.

Even though being a graduate in the English language, I don't have a proper word to describe how much my Kabir talks.

My Kabir - doesn't it sound complete! To me, these two words coming together are the best thing to happen.

Kabir, always calls me his comfort - the comfort he was looking for for years. Perhaps, that's why he talks so much with me, cause he feels comfortable. And, for me, Kabir is the color that turned my black and white life into something I had never imagined.

Between these days, Kabir and I both got a piece of good news too and we celebrated like crazy. He got selected in IMA, Dehradun while I got my dream college to pursue my Master's. It's a bittersweet feeling.

On one side, we are getting separated. While on the other, both of us are getting closer to our dreams.

And just like that, Kabir left for Dehradun today. I went to bid him goodbye, and the secret of us dating got revealed to our families. It was quite weird, but never mind, it's fine. The families are happy, we are happy.

Papa told me that I need to have a lot of strength now if I choose to be with Kabir.

It's been an hour now since he left. A feeling of emptiness and loneliness is taking over me. Kabir took a lot of assurance from me that I won't be leaving his side, no matter what happens.

He had a fear, a fear that he'll lose "us", a kind of fear I couldn't decipher. I asked him the reason for this, but he just smiled.

Coming back to me, I'll leave for Delhi tomorrow for my further studies. This distance is hard for both me and Kabir, but I hope this strengthens our love and does not weaken it.

Meera

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow!

Also follow me on Instagram @ shewhowriteslove.

Thank you NehalLaddha for the votes!

Much love!