𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

THE KINGDOM OF KOUKA had long been in conflict with another kingdom, the Lotus Kingdom

THE KINGDOM OF KOUKA had long been in conflict with another kingdom, the Lotus Kingdom. As chance would have it, the Princess of the Lotus Kingdom was of age to marry, yet even after several years, there had yet to be a Prince brought into the succession. It was during this time that the King of Kouka, Soo-Won decided to take action.

It was rumored that the Princess was incredibly naive and spoiled. It was believed she viewed herself to be a rank above everyone else and better than any king that could sit upon the throne. This is why no king has been able to ascend the throne and why she was still ruler of the kingdom.

What baffled many countries was the strength of the Lotus kingdom. Many had attempted to overrun, capture, and take over the kingdom, all failing terribly. Rumors then speculated that the country was cursed, unable to be taken by foreign invaders.

Soo-Won decided to take a different approach, arranging for a meeting of the Kingdom's royalty in person. It was not for nothing, for he had proposed the princess' hand in marriage.

— — — —

"Princess Ru-Jia, your father has asked that you meet a special guest that has arrived today."

A young woman turned her head in response, the ornaments in her hair dangling as she did so. Her deep brown eyes looked daintily at her maid who bowed in respect.

"A special guest?"

"Yes, your grace. He asks that you meet them for tea."

The Princess nodded, thanking her maid. As she left, the brown-eyed woman looked at the mirror sitting atop her vanity. She sighed and shook her head, her eyes closing as she put down the stack of papers on her desk.

She made her way through her castle, taking her time and watering the plants as she did so. If this were an ordinary guest, her father would not have asked for her appearance. She presumed it must have had something to do with a marriage proposal— again.

Finally, she stood outside the doors to the garden, taking a deep breath before knocking to announce her arrival. The maid opened the door, bowing upon her entrance. The princess stepped through the door, observing the man who sat at the table.

He had long dark blonde hair that was loosely tied into a low side ponytail. His eyes were a sea-green color and his skin was very pale. Simply from his features, anyone could tell that he was handsome.

"Ah, here she is. My daughter!"

The princess gave a bland smile, waiting for the male to introduce himself first.

"Hello, my princess. It's an honor to meet you in person," he smiled softly, "My name is Soo-Won, and I am the King of Kouka."

The female's smile faded in return.