𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓

SOO-WON'S EYES WIDENED upon hearing her response, his eyes sparkling with a newfound energy

SOO-WON'S EYES WIDENED upon hearing her response, his eyes sparkling with a newfound energy. His smile widened as he continued to admire her, her cheeks slightly rosy.

"I don't know how much more honest and genuine I can be, but all I can say is that I truly care for you, from the bottom of my heart."

Ru-Jia leaned her head against the windowsill, her eyes closing as a smile appeared on her face.

"I suppose that's all I ask for. I accept your proposal, Soo-Won."

She held the rose before her, twirling it around while admiring it with half-lidded eyes.

"Your acceptance means a lot to me," he said softly, "And while I'm glad that you accepted my proposal, there's something else I wanted to talk to you about."

The Princess turned her head, a curious expression playing on her face.

"Before I say anything else, I want you to know that this is not a part of my plan. It is not a part of the plan to unite our kingdoms and it is not a part of the grand scheme. No, this is of my own volition."

Her eyebrows were raised, "What is it?"

She looked at him, her full attention now on him. The blonde male seemed to be fidgeting with the cup, which seemed unlike him. He then took a deep breath, putting the cup down.

"I... want to love you, Ru-Jia," he declared, "It's not a political tactic... and, it's not a means to an end for me either."

The Princess' eyes grew wide and her lips parted in surprise, "You what..?"

Soo-Won did not hesitate to explain, grasping her hands in his.

"I don't want you to think that you are simply a tool for the greater scheme of things, that's not the case at all," he took a breath, "I truly want us to be united, not as Queen and King, but as husband and wife. Together."

He gazed deeply into her eyes, his own burning with a strong determination.

"It's the truth, Ru-Jia. You are more than just a princess to me," he smiled, "In your eyes I see someone who is strong and courageous, capable of ruling a kingdom and caring for its people...

... but in spite of that, you are also kind and generous, putting the well-being of others above everything else, especially your own..

..you may not know it, but I have seen this in you, more than you realize. You've made a big impact on me as well."

For the first time, the Lotus Princess was at a loss for words. It was as if there was a little spark that ignited within her, a spark that caused something to beat in her chest. A feeling of warmth spread through her from the touch of his fingertips, and the cool breeze felt soft against her skin.

"Ru-Jia, please don't misunderstand me. I know our marriage is, ultimately, a political one. I know that in the long run, we may have to make sacrifices in order to ensure our unity," he said slowly, "But, right now, I just want to love you. To treasure you and care for you. Do you understand?"