𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖

THE BLONDE'S HEART STOPPED in his chest as he witnessed his lover fall from the patio's ledging

THE BLONDE'S HEART STOPPED in his chest as he witnessed his lover fall from the patio's ledging. Though it was misty and damp from the storm, the view he had gave him enough to see the horrifying scene.

Within a second he was by her side, her body lying limply in his arms. She had been rendered unconscious after landing into his arms.

But she was alive.

That was all he could ever ask for. And he soon felt a deep pit in his gut, a feeling of regret, heavy regret.

He had brought her into this situation. If she had simply waited in her castle, perhaps everything could've been solved.

If only...

He then noticed something in her pocket, it was a dagger, and attached to it was a roll of paper. Soo-won's eyes widened, for he recognized the insignia on the top of it.

It was the letter he had sent to her right after leaving her side that night. The one where he expressed his true feelings to her.

She had kept it all this time..?

With a determined grunt, he lifted the unconscious princess and rushed her to his chambers where he soon placed her delicately onto the bed.

Following after him was his advisor, Kye-Sook, who had an array of bandages and medicine to treat her cuts.

Soon, her injuries were treated and all was left to wait for her to awaken. Soo-Won sat at her bedside, his gaze cold as his hand rubbed circles on her knuckles.

He watched as her chest rose and fell, how her cherry lips parted in rest, and how her eyebrows knitted whenever an unpleasant dream seemed to pass her mind. Each time her expression writhed in pain, Soo-Won was quick to replace the wet cloth on her head as he whispered words of affirmation into her ear.

Soo-Won knew there was limited time until King Il would realize that Ru-Jia was not dead and that nobody would be able to find her body. If anything, King Il would send a soldier under the pretense of a regular castle check in order to "surprisingly find a body" in the courtyard.

His hand fell to the sword at his side, his gaze cold with fury. He understood it well now, as much as he wished to grant Ru-Jia's little glimmer of hope for peace, it was no longer an option.

King Il had destroyed it himself.

He, the "Pacifist King," had brought about a war with a country that looked to him for peace. This whole kingdom suffered under his reign but never knew why. The irony made him laugh.

Soo-won heard the doors of his chamber open, his gaze landing on the figure of his advisor, Kye-Sook.

"It is time, My King," the raven haired man announced, "King Il will be making a move soon."

"Thank you, Kye-Sook," the blonde murmured, before his eyes found their way back to the sleeping princess.

"I have stationed a guard to watch over her," the advisor assured, "No one will touch Queen Ru-Jia."