You managed to calm down after saying to yourself "It's okay, you're fine, it's just the house settling, no one is here, the house makes that noise all the time". You took a deep breath as you closed your eyes. You thought it was best to continue your nighttime routine then to just grab a knife from downstair and go to bed.

Once done with your routine you took another deep breath and braced yourself for anything that could be on the outside of your bathroom door. Once you had enough courage you unlocked the door and very slowly opened it and peaked your head around a couple of times, just to make sure no one was around.

You made sure the coast was clear then you ventured downstairs to find the trusty steak knife you've deemed as your protector ever since you were a young child. You made sure to tiptoe down the stairs as quiet as you could and slip into the kitchen seemingly unnoticed. 

You walked to the counter drawer where you hid said knife. It was the sharpest one your family has since you haven't been able to buy knew ones in about 13 years. This knife was barely ever used so it was in perfect condition. You made sure to steer clear of the wine and beer bottles littered all of there kitchen counters and when you turned around your eye's landed on a picture. 

A happy family of 4. Mommy, Daddy, Evelyn and Y/N. You swore to yourself you'd never look at that picture again, you couldn't bear to see what was one your beautiful happy family turned into this all because that fucking freak of a monster took her. He took your beautiful, amazing sister, the one who made sure if you were hungry, you ate, the one who helped mom cook dinner for the family, the one who helped dad make sure that the cars were okay and ready to be working the next day. If he didn't hurt her everything would be okay.

Two tears fell from your eyes and as fast as they fell, they were wiped away. You took the picture down and put it faced down onto the island counter and made your way back upstairs never once forgetting the noise you heard in the bathroom.

You gripped tightly onto the knifes handle and kept it flush to your side. Slowly yet quietly, you made your way back upstairs making it seem like you were going up so slow so you didn't wake your parents, constantly checking their room and if you heard weird snores coming from them you'd pause in your spot.

You wanted to make it seem like you never heard anything, to make it seem like you're dumb, when in reality, if there is someone there, they wouldn't suspect your attack. Finally making it to the top of the stairs you looked into your parents room and gave a slight nod, just in case. you turn and make a few small steps to your room knife still gripped to the side of your leg when you make one final turn around to look at your parents room then you turn and walk into your room.

You looked around for a second to map out your room and to make sure nothing was out of place, all of it seemed fine so you went to your curtains to close them, making sure to look to see if anyone was outside in your backyard or the small field behind it. After deeming it safe you quickly turn your nightside table lamp on and close your curtains, completely missing the handprint on the glass of your window that is able to be opened and closed.

You take a step to your bed and decide to watch some YouTube on your phone for about 15 minutes until you have this feeling like you have to use the washroom. You roll your eyes and get upset not wanting to move since you were very comfortable and yet, you sit up and look over to the knife.

You give the knife a long hard stare before grabbing it and heading over to the washroom.

After doing your business you wash your hands and dry them off then you grab the knife. The feeling came back all of a sudden and it shook you to your core, you were truly afraid in this moment and thought about going to tell your parents, but what would they do? They probably wouldn't even wake up, too drunk to even realize their child may be in danger here.

You gripped the knife tighter and with fury you didn't know you had inside you, you walked back to your room. Once at the front of the door you took a deep breath and went into your room, closing the door behind you. 

As you walked to your bed, sirens blared in your mind "GET OUT, GET OUT", something was really not right. You heard a creaking noise come from behind you and all you could do was freeze. The sound of your closet door opening, you knew someone was here. As you slowly turned around nothing could have prepared you for what you saw. It wasn't the man from the forest instead is was a completely different person.

This, what you assumed to be, man, was staring at you with a cloth in one of his gloved hands and a camera in his other, the outline of a gun clearly showing through his pants pocket.

The man had a yellow hoodie caked with dirt and very small blood splatters, his hood was up and he was wearing a black ski mask with a frowning face drawn it what appears to be either a bleach stain or red paint. You couldn't move a muscle and for about 3 minutes the both of you just stared at each other not knowing who should make the first move or make the first noise.

As soon as the three minute timer went off the man lunged at you so quick you didn't even have the time to react as he put the cloth over your mouth and nose. You struggled to breathe and fight the man. You did eventually get a good stab at his arm making him grip on your body and face even tighter as the blood shot out and a devilish groan of agony came out of this man. Soon enough you grew too weak falling limp into the mans arms, dropping the trusty blade you had managed to rip out of his arm, onto the floor.

The last thing you could see was the room spinning and suddenly nothing, pitch black and a very faint talking noise in the back as your drifted off into an unwanted and unwelcome sleep.

~(Word count: 1923)~