You felt hot, red rage build up inside of you. You were angry, at your parents, at Chan, at yourself.

Feeling overwhelmed and helpless, you threw your phone across the room, and it fell down by the door with a thud.

"Argh!" You yelled out, and turned to your side to grab a pillow.

"Y/N.."

You stopped, as you heard the door open.

You turned to see Chan standing there, blinking with concern.

"Wha- how long have you been there?" You whispered.

"Long enough." He replied, bending down to pick up your phone.

You covered your face with your hands,
"Go away." You mumbled.

You heard him sigh, he plopped down beside you, and put an arm around your shoulder.

You shoved him off, "Go away, Chris."

"Im not going anywhere." He snapped back, making you drop your hands and glare at him.

You couldn't help it, you tried to keep a stern expression on your face but seeing him, a fresh wave of tears dripped down your eyes. You let out a sob.

"Hey.. Come here." He pulled you closer, and you leaned into his body; placing your head on his shoulder.

"God i feel so stupid." You whispered, wiping away your tears.

He rubbed your back, "Im sorry."

You shook your head, and wrapped your arms around his waist.

"I really am sorry, Y/N."

You understood that he wasn't apologizing for the conversation you just had with your mother, but instead about the argument, and the way he acted.

"I just- i just dont understand why." You furrowed your eyebrows, pulling away from his body and searching his face for an answer.

He sighed, "Okay. So its a long story, I need you to just listen, okay?"

You nodded, relieved that you were finally getting answers.

"Back when we were about to debut.. Toshi came up to me and asked if i could add him to my group. I decided to observe him for a while, and.. and he turned out to be a whole other person than i thought."

"At first i only noticed a few odd things, how he had no friends, how other trainees went out of their way to avoid him, the bruises on his knuckles.."

You listened to him intently, nodding along to let him know.

Chan stopped, and smiled at you

"What?" You asked, blinking in confusion.

He shook his head, and continued

"Yeah he was definitely really weird.. and shady. One day i walked in on him and a few younger trainees. He was beating them up, cussing at them, bullying them."

Your jaw dropped, you couldn't believe what you were hearing.

"It made me really upset.. And I- I did unspeakable things to him."

"Holy shit." You whispered.

Chan sighed, "Yeah.. Turns out he'd been bullying kids for a really long time. He'd even threatened Jeongin once. It was such a mess that we all had to sign a contract saying we would never talk about it again. I mean.. I was going to debut and they didn't want my image to be ruined."

"Wha- what exactly did you do to him?" You asked, curiousity getting the better of you.

Chan licked his lips, "I just made him pay for what he had done."

Your skin tingled, for some reason, you found that very hot.

That explained it. Why you hanging out with Toshi made him so angry, why Toshi looked scared when he saw Chan that day.. It all finally made sense.

"God hes such an asshole!" You shuddered

"I know.. I was just- i was just trying to protect you I guess."

You laughed, wiping a tear away from your eye. "And here i thought you were jealous."

Chan opened his mouth, as if to say something but then decided against it.

"Why would i be jealous?" He chuckled, dryly.

You knew you should be glad that he was just looking out for you. But, a part of you kinda wanted him to be jealous. Just to know that he cared.

"Yeah.. Yeah why would you be jealous?"

Hey.. Im proud of you for standing up for yourself." Chan said, breaking the awkward silence that had formed.

The two of you still sat alone in his room.

You smiled, "Thanks. Im never talking to my parents again."

He nodded, as if to say he understood.

You observed his face, just for a second too long. You noticed the way your heart rate picked up when he looked at you.

Uh oh.

"OH MY GOD!" Hyunjin screamed from the living room. You looked at Chan with wide eyes, before the two of you burst out laughing.

"Lets go watch that movie" You said, getting up and walking out, Chan following close behind.