Chapter 11

Ramsay thought he might make most of his time, while not needing to do anything and feeling in control enough to leave the tower.

He had avoided it long enough and thought he might have to face his demons, or family members in this case.

He couldn't stop thinking about his little sister, his poor innocent little sister who just happened to wake up while he was having a nightmare.

His sister had woken up to see what he was doing since he was talking so much in his room. Seeing that he was sleep talking, she tried waking him up. But he woke up with a jump and pushed his sister against a wall, holding a knife to her throat.

When she started crying, their mom burst into the room and saw the scene, trying to get Ramsay to snap out of it, but when he did, it was too late. Her sister was already scared of him. The man she looked up to, the brave man her mom had told her about almost just killed her.

How could he ever face her again, how could he make her not scared of his older brother anymore. She was so young.

That was three years ago, he's scared that she is still scared of him.

Seeing her tears broke his heart.

He didn't want anyone following him so he decided to only tell Tony hoping he would cover for him.

Thor knew about Ramsay's sister but in all honesty, Thor was horrible at lying, Stark however did it all the time.

With Tony's promise, and his car keys, he started driving upstate. Where his mom still hopefully lived.

He decided to stop by a flower store picking up his mom's favorite flowers, tulips.

He parked the car a bit further away, not wanting to alarm them, then picked himself together, walked up the steps of the porch and pressed the doorbell.

After what felt like a lifetime waiting, someone opened the door.

It was her. It was Ramsay's mom.

He had rehearsed what to say for so long but now that he saw her face, he was speechless.

"Ramsay?" She asked looking at the man standing by the door.

"Hey ma." He said trying to muster a smile but only started crying.

"Oh my god Ramsay." She practically ran to him grabbing him, hugging him like he had just been reincarnated, and for them he probably had.

He had left them, completely cut contact after the incident, to keep them safe.

But he was back now.

"You look so different."

"Is that good?" he asked chuckling slightly.

"You look healthier, where have you been?" She was now trying to dry her own tears.

"It's a long story." He said, wiping his face.

"Please come in, we'll have tea."

She directed him inside the house, nothing had changed. The same photos still hung on the wall. The same smell of his childhood home lingered.

The mantle above the fireplace still held the same family photos.

A picture of his dad hung on the wall with a small candle underneath it, his mom always making sure that when awake, the candle would be burning.

Nothing had changed.

She pulled him to sit at the kitchen table, putting a kettle on.

"Tell me everything, how are you? What happened to your arm, or I guess lack of arm. "