Chapter 7

Natasha was at the gym for her morning workout. She was at the punching bag throwing a combo of moves, completely focused.

Ramsay had made his way to the gym to get a towel before going to his personal gym downstairs. He had leaned on the door looking at the impressive attack on the punching bag in front of her.

He didn't want to interrupt so he just grabbed a towel and left her for his own personal practice.

He left the elevator and entered his glass room and got on the treadmill.

Maria had also made her way to the room, looking at the monitors, following his heartbeat.

"What do you wanna try today" she asked through the intercom startling Ramsay.

"Jesus Hill! You scared the crap out of me." Ramsay jumped off the treadmill clutching his chest, smoking slightly.

"Sorry, not intentional, but do please answer the question." She laughed a bit.

"Uhh, just testing out the new watch and trying to gain control, that's all. I had an episode yesterday, waited it out."

"What happened, you know Stark wants reports."

"I'd rather not report this to Stark." He said sheepishly.

"What happened? Can't be worse than the time you got scared of a mouse."

"No, not embarassment wise, just don't want to give Stark more ammunition to tease me." He grabbed a towel wiping down the beads of almost boiling sweat.

"Come on, tell me. I'm curious and I was a shield agent. I know how to get information out of people."

"Can't torture me if I'm on fire." He held up his watch, hovering his hand on the button that raises his heartbeat.

"Please? Tell it to me cause we're friends?"

"Fine, uhh, me and Natasha had dinner and-"

"You had a date with Nat?" Maria asked.

"No, I just made food but then realized that Banner wasn't there which meant I had too much food for just one person and then Romanoff appeared so we just ate dinner together and made cookies."

"Okay, and the episode?"

"Stark came in and insinuated we were on a date and that made me embarrassed." He said more muttering now. "So, I went to the balcony and we just enjoyed the view until we both went to sleep...in our own rooms, don't get any ideas." He pointed at her.

"I'm not, don't worry. But I don't blame you, she's hot."

"What is that supposed to mean? I am not attracted to her."

"Uh huh, whatever you say Rams. Alright, let's test out the watch, press the up button."

Rams pressed the upper button on the side of the watch and felt a stinging pain on his wrist.

After about five seconds he felt heat rising out of his body and he burst into flames.

"Well, that worked. How about the other button?"

Ramsay pressed the other button, still impressed by the fact that the watch worked even if he was engulfed by flames.

The fire started dying down in about 10 seconds.

Ramsay swayed a bit, feeling lightheaded, but for the first time in a while, didn't pass out.

"How do you feel?" Maria asked.

"Woah, give me a minute. I feel like passing out but not as much as usual, I like the new dosage." He grabbed the side of the treadmill holding himself up.