Chapter 8

Stark had started looking through old Shield files, searching for any kind of clue of still active Hydra bases while Natasha was trying to get in contact with Steve.

Ramsay had continued his training and he had gotten considerably better at controlling his heartbeat and spontaneous combustion. He had also started training with Thor, who was a good opponent for training fighting with fire. Stark had at some point offered to train with Ramsay too but the heat had gotten too uncomfortable in his suit.

"I think I got something." Natasha spoke up after sitting by her computer for a few hours.

"You got Cap's number?" Stark asked.

"No, but he has a friend, I met him, nice guy, soldier. Either way, he can get us to cap."

"Well, let's get to him then."

Natasha called Sam Wilson, hoping he could get them to cap and the flying man delivered. After about an hour, Steve called them.

"Steve?"

"Natasha, good to hear from you again." You could hear his smile from the other side of the phone.

"Yeah, you too. How's your hunt going?"

"Kind of in a dead end, some people started tracking me so I had to lay low, hence the difficult connection."

"It's alright, I understand, but by the sound of it, you're not busy?"

"Not really, I'm also feeling confident enough to come out of hiding."

"That's good cause we could use some help, Thor is here, says what's left of Hydra has the scepter. He's keen on getting it back."

"Yeah, I have some locations of Hydra bases that might still be active."

"Perfect. So, will you help us?"

You could hear sight mumbling from the other side of the line.

"Yeah, I'm in, just me though. I don't want Wilson risking his life any more than he already has."

"That's fine. Most of us are already at Stark tower, I'll call Clint later and Rams is calling banner right now."

"Wait. Who's Rams?" He was smirking.

"Oh, uh, Stark made a friend with some special abilities. We've been training together and we're all itching to see him in a real combat situation."

"Right, well I'm eager to meet him then. I'll see you in a few days Romanoff, I need to gather some stuff first."

"Alright then."

Natasha hung up the phone.

"Cap's in, Clint is a no brainer. Rams how's Banner coming along?"

Ramsay put his phone down for a moment. "He needs some reassurance, but we're getting there."

"Okay, well I'll leave you to it."

"Bruce, I know how you feel about the hulk, but I have a firm belief that we can get it under control, at least a little. Please? We could really use the help."

"Ramsay, you don't know what it's like." He answered exasperated.

"If you come, I'll help you. God knows I've been training control a lot these past few months. We can Pavlov you, or maybe get some kind of tranq. You carry a syringe for me, I can carry one for you. I know you don't trust yourself, but I trust you."

He was silent for a moment.

"Fine, I'll come, but the two of us will train first, just us. I only trust you to get me under control."