Chapter 6

It was now late in the evening in the Avengers tower and Ramsay was preparing dinner for himself. As he usually did, he made enough for himself and Banner, forgetting that Banner wouldn't join him for dinner today.

Natasha walked into the lounge smelling the delicious aroma food wafting through the hallways. She looked at the man cooking, music slowly playing in the background. He swayed his hips slowly from side to side in beat with the music.

Natasha looked at the man silently, smiling. He seemed to be lost in his own world while cooking, he looked at peace.

"Whatcha making?" She asked breaking the comforting silence.

"HOLY SHIT!" Ramsay turned around clutching his chest with his right hand as he was looking at the watch on his left.

"Sorry," Natasha said holding up her hands chuckling slightly, "didn't mean to startle you."

"It's alright, just used to Banner's louder footsteps." Ramsay said turning back to his cooking.

Natasha stayed quiet for a moment, "You never answered my question."

"Right, uhh, what was it again?" Ramsay turned with a goofy smile.

"What are you making?"

"Teriyaki chicken with rice and veggies." Ramsay answered looking at the cooking chicken.

"Smells good."

"Yeah, feel free to join, I just remembered Banners not here for dinner."

"Need some help?"

"No, I'm good, you just sit your pretty self, down, and I'll let you know when it's done." Ramsay smiled looking at the redhead.

"Flattery will get you everywhere sergeant." Natasha smirked as she sat down by the kitchen island.

"Oh, I'm aware. So, what's your deal, why are you here? And from what it seemed like; Stark wasn't exactly happy with you being here."

"Yeah, well we have a complicated friendship, if you could call it that." Natasha rubbed her neck, slightly anxious.

"It seems it's like that with all his friends." Ramsay said making the sauce for the chicken.

"You seem to get along with him."

"He stabbed my hand and leg today out of boredom." He deadpanned.

"Uhh, what?" Natasha grew concerned.

"No, no, it's fine, I heal, but our friendship is also slightly questionable." Ramsay quickly adds not wanting to worry the redhead.

"Huh, so if I were to stab you, you'd be fine?" Natasha questioned trying to get a handle on his powers.

"Yeah, why? You bored?" Ramsay asked picking up a knife and holding it out to Natasha.

"I'll pass, but thanks for the offer." Natasha said smiling.

Ramsay grabbed a few plates; the food being done and him plating it up on two plates.

"You want a glass of wine?" Ramsay asked opening a bottle.

"Yeah, sure." Natasha said grabbing two glasses from the cabinet.

Natasha placed the glasses on the table. While Ramsay was pouring wine, Natasha carried the plates onto the dining table sitting on one of the chairs.

Ramsay brought the wine placing one glass in front of Natasha and sitting opposite of her with the opened bottle of wine resting between them.

"Bon appétit." Ramsay said grabbing a fork and knife and digging into the food, Natasha following suit.