Niobium

Chapter 41: Niobium

"Tay!" She was ignored, "Tay!" Abby started following the blonde through the hotel, "Tay!"

"Abby, I really don't want to hear anything you have to say," Andersson carried on through to the elevator lobby.

"Agent Andersson. I need your help," Abby stood before her, "I can't wake him up."

"Who?"

"Drew," The brunette's voice broke, "I tried. He usually goes to sleep when he comes home and gets up about now for dinner. He was a funny color. I couldn't go any further."

"Okay, show me," Taylor followed the manager through to the residence. She took extra care to keep at a distance.

"He's in his room," Abby shook her head, knowing that Taylor wouldn't know what she was talking about, "At the back next to mine."

Andersson's heart hurt again as she recalled being in Abby's room, "Yeah, that one."

Taylor disappeared through the door.

Abby waited impatiently, pacing the living room. She kept an eye on the door. She watched as Taylor came back through. Abby knew. But asked anyway. "Is he okay?"

Andersson shook her head. "Where's Jack and your Dad?"

"I don't know," Abby was crying. "Is he..."

"Yes. I'm sorry, honey."

Abby fell into the blonde's arms in agony. Taylor embraced her. It was the human thing to do. It felt like the most awkwardly natural hug on the planet as Taylor held Abby against her and stroked her hair. She felt the younger woman's tears soak her shirt. She wanted to be the person who was here for her in moments like this. She outwardly shook her head at the internal realization that would never be the case. She softly moved Abby off her shoulder.

"Tay," Abby sought the blonde's eyes, "What do I do?"

"I'll call it in. Then an ambulance will come and take Drew away."

Abby wailed. She gripped onto Taylor again. But there was no hug this time.

"Can you not call your Dad? Or...?"

"Yeah, I'll do that. Please don't leave me here with him, though," Abby pleaded with her eyes and her mouth.

Taylor reluctantly nodded.

"I've got no one now," Abby sat on the arm of the sofa and put her head in her hands.

"Sure you do. You've got Jack," The words stabbed as she spoke them.

She looked at Abby and knew the comment had also punctured her. Taylor wanted to get away from this interaction as soon as possible, "Look, I'll go get Bailey to sit with you?"

"No. Don't leave me, Tay."

God, this woman is such an actress. Andersson considered the psychopath conundrum. Would she? No, so yes, she manipulated you, but you let yourself be manipulated; it doesn't make her a psycho, "Okay. I'll wait with you until the ambulance and police arrive."

"Thanks," Abby looked over, and she wanted Taylor to hold her again but was well aware that wasn't going to happen.

They sat on opposite ends of the sofa in silence. Taylor stared at the floor. Abby occasionally sneaks a glance at the blonde.

"Abby, I want to ask you a riddle," Taylor still didn't look at her, but she couldn't shift the notion from her suspicious brain.

"A riddle, seriously?"