"Yea very long. How's she doing?"

"The same mostly, except she's been deciding not to walk and just sleep, so we've been arguing about it. I say 'mom walking around helps with recovery' and she gives me shit for it. Taylor and Joshua say the same thing and all of a sudden, it makes sense".

"Aw, I'm sorry. I'm sure it's not easy for her to be waited on hand and foot".

"I know, but it would be easier if we didn't argue about it. How are things there? I'm sorry I've barely checked in".

"It's okay. Things are good, everyone's still over at the apartment. Probably gonna die down soon".

"You're heading home tonight?"

"Yes, then I'm gonna do breakfast with my parents before they leave".

"Okay, when does your other friend graduate?"

"Kamryn, in four days" Summer answered, leaving out the part that she'd be beading back to Philly the day after "so aside from helping out your parents, doing anything?"

"Josh doesn't work tomorrow, we might go out. Eleanor and one of her friends too".

"Careful Dr. Griffin, that almost sounds like a double date" she said with a small laugh.

"Don't worry, angel, it's not. Everyone's aware of that".

"Good. What are you going to do?"

"Hopefully drink" he laughed "I miss you, baby".

"I miss you too. Connor?"

"Yea baby?"

"When's your birthday?"

"August 31st, why?"

"Nothing, I just didn't know".

"When's yours, angel?"

"October 10th".

"Good to know" he said before Lee knocked on the door "hold on baby. Come in" he said.

"If you're ready, your mother asked you to come help. She said she's ready to go to sleep".

"Yea, let's go" he said getting up.
"Ready mom, on three. One, two, three" he counted before helping her stand from the bed as she groaned. He supported most of her weight as she inched to the bathroom. Then he kept her steady while Lee took most of her clothes off.

"Thank you son" Cora said.

"No problem, let me know if you need help getting back to bed" he said before leaving the room. "Sorry. Did you need to go?"

"No, I have time" Summer said.

"Alright" Connor smiled so they continued talking.

///

"Good morning" Avery said lifting her head from Darren's chest. He was already awake.

"Good morning baby, how you feeling?"

"So good. Want breakfast?"

"I can help. What time did you want to meet up with our parents?"

"I don't have a preference. Jake and Amy are coming too?"

"Mhm" Darren nodded "I told Amy they could take my car if they wanted to go somewhere alone".

"That's fine. You know my mother is going to ask us about the wedding" she laughed.

"I don't mind, I've been thinking about it".

"Oh have you Mr. Williams?"

"Yes I have beautiful, do I not seem excited?"