Chapter 1: We Can Work It Out

Paul

It was all John's fault. If he didn't blurt out the whole 3 month rule thing in front of Julia when I was trying to break up with her two days ago, things could have gone smoothly. Ringo and George tried to wash their hands clean, but I'm pretty sure John forced them to make this break up worse than it already is. I had a feeling this was coming, since John has a big grudge against me for missing out on band practices because I had to be with Julia, and this was his way of getting back.

"Paul seriously, she's not the girl for you." John confidently said as he munched on his tuna salad sandwich at lunch break earlier today. "Of all the decisions you had to make before, this would be the best decision you've made, and you won't regret it trust me."

I stared at him disbelievingly, "Julia was my girlfriend for almost 2 years, and we've already been through a lot together, compared to my previous relationships. Do you actually think that I had it easy when I was breaking up with her?"

"Well, I thought you said that you were getting tired of her whining about her clothes, her body and stuff girls worry about?" George asked innocently as he scanned through his Literature homework. George was always silent about things that didn't concern him, but he's a good listener, compared to John who always had his way on things.

"George's right, she may be damn hot Paul, but she is such a pain in my ass!" Ringo suddenly blurted out.

"How can my ex-girlfriend be a pain in your ass Ringo? You were never together anyway." I asked him as I tried to ignore John's boisterous laughter.

"Correction Paul, I was her seatmate back in 3rd grade, and even back then she's been a leech on me as she tries to bug me on copying my math homework." Ringo answered.

"You did math homework before Ringo?" George asked, grinning.

Ringo glared at him, clearly getting annoyed.

"Stop teasing him George, he'll only sulk even more in our practice later." John said as he took another bite on his sandwich. "Anyway Ringo, tell us again why Paul's dear old Julia is such an epic pain in your ass."

I threw John another disbelieving look, as George tried to hold back his laughter. John has always enjoyed being a two faced backstabber, and to think that when Julia and I were still together, he used to think highly of her, and even courted Julia's best friend Anna.

"Well, going back to that, whenever she's with us at our gigs Paul, she keeps nagging and asking me if she can play on my drums! You know well that I am very sensitive and sentimental when it comes to my drums." Ringo answered shaking his head in disgust, as if he remembered something horrible.

John coughed lightly as he tried to swallow the last slice of his sandwich—evidently trying to hold back his laughter "Oh come on Ringo, she just wanted to try them. You selfish lad, you should've just let the poor gal, she wouldn't bang it so hard that it would create a hole in it would she?"

"John, you should've seen her when she tried on my guitar in our last gig, she almost ripped all the strings apart with her monstrous strumming. It wasn't something I can call lady like at all." George said.