• 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐀𝐒𝐄.

The wet sound of clay drummed against the inner walls of my ear.Signaling me to continue shaping whatever I was doing.

The crimson sky reflected against my window.Casting an air, almost sublime under the workplace I was at.It was another Tuesday afternoon where I would have to stay late, shaping a few more clay pieces to sell at the shop store the next day.

Although I was used to this type of task, it was extremely tiring and drained a good part of my creativity for the rest of the day.In contrast, I wasn't completely alone in the studio.I had Dimitry, who although he stayed in the cashier most of the time, was a excellent company.This, added to the fact that we had known each other for a long time.

"Hey, Blair!...Help me here!"  Speaking of the individual...

I turn my face toward the source of the voice.Noticing the presence of the mentioned boy, named Dimitry.Or as I used to call him...Dimi.

He wore a light yellow button-up shirt,tucked under a pair of cream-colored pants.Alongside, he also wore his pair of white shoes,which contrasted with his dyed black hair.In his arms,there was a wide and round vase.Its coloration,a light aubergine tone.With small paintings of flowering and golden roots.Giving an exquisite contrast to the work.

As soon as I notice Dimi's struggle to hold the vase of flowers, I get up from my seat.Moving away from the basin where the rotating disc was,Leaving the clay on the object's smooth surface.I walk quickly over to the boy,letting my slender hands grip the lower base of the pitcher.Supporting it from underneath so Dimitry can adjust his grip around the vase.With that done, Dimi adjusts his grip.Holding it against his arms,instead of with his hands.He quickly guides the object to the ground,causing me to move my palms away from the jar.Allowing the boy to do what he wants to.

"What's that for?" I asked.Adjusting my posture to an erect one,while standing on my toes.Leaning my body a little so that I could analyze the object a little better.

"I think it's for resale..." Dimi replied,while also adjusting his posture.But instead of trying to observe the object, he just puts his hands on his hips.Taking a brief look at the vase and then turning his attention back to me.

"I think it's made of plaster.Hence the weight." He commented.

"Hm...indeed." I muttered in response while frowning.Lifting my index finger towards the outside of the jar.Feeling the cool texture of the painted plaster.It was obviously dusty,despite the nice good condition it presented.

"Well...I'm going back to the cashier to serve the customers who are going to come.Bye,bye"  He warned as he turned on his heel.Giving me a slight wave as he walked away from the studio.