Chapter 18

"You look beautiful Lina." Garth whispered into my ear.

"Thank you, Garth." I blushed and smiled. We sat in the back of Mike's car, he held Colette's hand as he drove which sort of pissed me off but hey, I broke up with him. Garth slid his arm around my waist and pulled me as close as the seat belt would allow. I snuggled closer and watched him trace patterns along the fabric of the dress.

"What are you drawing?" I whispered. He turned his head and smiled.

"Just some old symbols I saw in a book." He kissed my forehead. I laughed quietly. Looking up I saw Mike watching us in the rearview mirror, a frown plastered on his face. Good. Out of spite I got as close as I could. Mike pulled into the parking lot of the Robixaue Event Center. Tommy's car pulled up next to us and Ashley got out. Just as I was about to exit Garth opened my door.

"How'd you get to this side of the car so fast?" I giggled taking his out stretched hand.

"I'm a werewolf, we have to be fast." He gave me a lopsided grin.

"Werewolf eh? Well what would you think if I told you I knew a couple of vampires." I raised an eyebrow.

"I wouldn't doubt you." He winked and led me to the front door. We both shared a laugh as he opened the door for me. The event center was beautiful, twinkling lights were strung up along the ceiling and walls. The theme was fire and ice, there were candles in mason jars and icicles hanging from the ceiling.

"This theme has been done so much don't you think?" Garth whispered.

"Totally, I mean I heard one school had a murder mystery prom, why couldn't we have that?" I giggled. Garth looked away and said quietly.

"It may just be a murder mystery by the end of the night."

"Huh?" He looked at me seriously for a minute then it was gone.

"Would you like to dance, M'lady?" He held out his hand and bowed.

"Why yes I would good sir." I curtsied and took his arm. Garth chuckled and pulled me onto the dance floor. In My Life by The Beatles began playing as Garth pulled me close. We danced and danced until the song was over. He pulled away and bowed.

"Thank you for the dance." He kissed my hand. I blushed and curtsied once more. "Want to check out the garden?" He asked motioning to the double doors. I nodded and let him lead me outside.

"It's beautiful." I breathed. White lights were draped over the bushes and wrapped around the trees. Fire was flickering in lamps.

"I can think of something even more beautiful in this garden."

"Yourself?" I laughed and turned to him but he was staring intently at me.

"No. You." My breath caught as I gauged the heat in his gaze. He was slowly pulling me into his embrace and the funny thing was, that I'm letting him. His long fingers brushed my cheeks as I closed my eyes. Whispering softly in a language I didn't understand he leaned forward and brushed his lips against mine.

Alexander's P.O.V

As soon as I finished dressing I headed downstairs. Fastening my cuff links I smoothed down my coat.

"How do I look?" Turning to Bram I opened my arms.

"Amazing. How could Lina not throw herself at you?" Bram chuckled.

"I'm serious Bram!"

"Ok ok. Here." He walked to me and untied my tie. "A tie does not fit this type of suit." He reached into his pocket and produced a satin bow tie. "Besides, bow ties are cooler." He began fastening it around my neck and stepped back. I wish you could see yourself, I wish I could see myself but that's the thing about eternal life, it comes with a few setbacks." I smiled softly at my younger brother. "Now go get her." He pushed me to the front door.

"Bye Bram."

"Bye Alex." I waved and walked out. I didn't need to drive, I quickly ran to where Rozalina was. Slipping past the people guarding the door I searched the crowd of writhing bodies but didn't find Lina, instead I found Mike. Tapping him on the shoulder I yelled.

"Have you seen Rozalina?"

"I think she went out back, to the garden. Why?" He pulled away from the small blonde girl and looked at me with concern.

"For one I don't trust the boy she was with." He made a noise like he agreed. "And second, I wanted to dance with her."

"Lets go look for her then." Mike held the hand of the girl and followed me outside. "There she is." He pointed to her. I growled low in my throat. The red head was kissing her. I was so agitated I almost didn't hear Mike yell and the blonde girl scream. Looking down I saw the problem. The boy had a knife, and he was aiming right for Lina.