Chapter 9

"What are you reading?" I heard Alexander's gruff voice address me from the doorway. I set my book down in my lap, the cover facing up. Alexander's dark brow rose as he saw the ripped male model with jeans barely clinging to his hips and a shirtless chest. "I can see it's quality literature." My face broke into a smile.

"If you must know, it's about aliens. The male protagonist is to die for, I want one for myself." His hearty chuckle filled the small space. I took a moment to observe him. The small dimple that appeared in his right cheek when he flashed a genuine small, the lines of his cheekbones and the way the candlelight highlited his beauty. In this moment I could almost forget what happened a few short months ago, I could almost see myself loving him. As I looked up into his endless blue eyes time seemed to stand still then stretch into infinity. He grasped my hand loosely, gauging my reaction. I cast my eyes down. Alexander leaned forward, tickling my neck with his breath.

"I've missed you Rozalina." He leaned forward, his lips hovering over my neck. I sucked in a breath, my brain fogging over. "I'm so sorry for everything that has happened. I never want to make you sad." His long fingers brushed my cheek and I instinctively tilted my head to the side. I could feel his cold digits sliding down my neck. "Your happiness is all I want, it's all I need." My book slid from my lap and hit the ground with a thud. His arm circled my waist and lifted me into the air. I was sitting in his lap, my fingers digging into his shoulders. Our lips now inches apart. I leanded forward thirsting for the taste his lips could give.

"Rozalina?" I backed up. Alexander sat, waiting.

"Huh?" Suddenly the walls started to disintegrate. I felt someone shaking my shoulder. My eyes popped open and I saw the real Alexander staring down at me, a worried expression on his face. I gasped and looked around. "Rozalina? Are you ok?" I blinked rapidly. It was a dream, a dream. I'm dreaming of kissing Alexander now? Oh no no no no no no. This will not do.

"Yeah I'm ok." I stretched and glanced at the clock. 8:43 p.m. "How was your sleep?" Judging from the dark circles under his eyes he didn't get much.

"It was great." He lied. I let him.

"That's good." We fell into an awkward silence.

"Rozalina I-"

"Look I've really have to go, homework and all that jazz." I grabbed my book off of the ground and sprinted from the room. I passed Bram in the hallway, I didn't dare stop. I have to fight my feelings for Alexander. Some how.

Alexander's P.O.V.

Rozalina is acting quite strange. I thought to myself. Soon after she scrambled from the room Bram entered.

"What was that all about?" He asked, clearly talking about Rozalina's flighty nature.

"I'm not sure. She's worrying me. Has she been eating? I'm sure she's dropped a little weight." My words were jumbled and rushed. The things that girl does to me.

"Actually no. I haven't seen her eat anything in a while." I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Could you try and get her to eat? I don't want her unhealthy." My little brother nodded and turned away.

"She misses her friends." He said quietly.

"I know." I replied. And I did. I saw the way her face lit up and then fell when she saw a picture of her best friend or ex lover.

"I'm worried about her brother." Bram said, laying a hand on my shoulder.

"And you think I'm not?"

"I never said that." He shrunk away. I clenched my jaw and balled my hands at my sides. Bram quietly exited the room and quite frankly I don't blame him. Rozalina has me strung out, on edge, constantly worrying about her. When she's not around I get a full ache in my chest, as if my unbeating heart were being squeezed and stretched, sometimes bieng wrapped in barbed wire. When those deep green eyes looked my way fire swept through my body, white hot passion rips through my entire being. I will get her back. If it's the last thing I do.

Mike's P.O.V

"She's so infuriating! How can she just ignore me? You I understand but me? Me?!" Ashley paced back and forth in front of me. I nodded and listened quietly. It was my fault Lina left. All my damn fault. "I mean come on! Just because you're an enormous dickhead doesn't mean she should ignore me too!" Ashley let out a frustrated sigh and threw herself onto the love seat. I missed her too, I hate the way I treated her. I would give anything to have you back, my sweet, precious Roze. Looking out of the window I saw the stars. In those stars I saw the sparkle that Rozalina's eyes held whenever she was reading or discussing a something she loved. What I wouldn't give to see those unhumanly green eyes again. What I wouldn't give to see the sparkle in them because of the conversation she was having with me. Shaking out my hair I took a ragged breath and composed myself. Standing up I walked to my room. I'll make things right by you, Roze. I swear.

[Queen Pheonix]

Hello there my lovely killers. Thank you for all of your support and kind words. I think I'll start putting little notes/questions at the end of each chapter. So, who do you want Rozalina to be with? Alexander or Mike? Or is there another suitor you'd like to see our girl with? Let me know in the comments! If you have any questions or comments feel free to contact me~

xx QP