Canto of the Cadets

Start from the beginning

The two brats stopped and turned to Olivia. The off-duty pilot looked into their eyes and hissed, "Keep this up and I'm gonna give you gals NIGHTMARES that make the Ancient Ones seem nice. Do. You. Understand!?"

Adamant, still, Kobo chimed cheekily, "But the Worldless can't dream..."

Olivia craned her head to Kobo, casting her shadow over the girl.

"I can fix that." Olivia's nose flared, daring Kobo. Her red eyes burned with flames too, "Try me kiddo. Do it. See what happens."

Kobo shuddered under Olivia's gaze. Even Zeta fell quiet.

"I'm sorry Livia-neesan..." Kobo apologized, lowering her head, "I'll leave whatsherface alone..."

"Zeta Vestia." Olivia corrected sharply.

Kobo nodded sheepishly.

"I'm sorry, Zeta..." Kobo mumbled, but she furrowed her brow and turned away immediately.

"Heh." Zeta snorted, but Olivia turned to her too.

"The same goes for you, Miss Vestia." Olivia added, her tone still frigid, "Neither I nor the Academy will give you special treatment. You know what you signed up for, so please be on your best behavior."

Finally, Zeta paused too.

Begrudgingly, Zeta and Kobo apologized to each other under Olivia's watchful gaze. Then, Zeta darted off on her own into the Space Elevator, leaving Olivia with Kobo.

"What's her deal?" Kobo mused.

"You're gonna be classmates in the IDSC Academy, Kobo. Ask her yourself." Olivia answered. She patted Kobo's shoulder, "Come on. Let's get moving."

With that, Olivia carried on into the Space Elevator with the humbled Kobo in tow.

...

Blue Horizon

Canto of the Cadets

...

Ninth Scene - Trending Trio

Olivia and Kobo passed through the Space Elevator security and found seats in the grand concourse underneath a miniature dome looking out to space. The bickering of the two brats in the Skyport, in the Zeppelin and in the connecting bridge caused them to miss the lift down to the Earth.

' Looks like we're stuck here till' the next lift comes 'round. ' Olivia sighed, wincing at the transport screens. She turned to her ward and reported, "We've got an hour and a half before the next lift, Kobo... Kobo?"

Olivia saw her ward slumped back into her upholstered seat and had fallen fast asleep.

'She wasn't kidding about not getting any sleep last night, huh?' Olivia snorted, ' She's cute when she's not trying to start a war. '

The frustrated frown on Olivia's lips lightened up, replaced with a small smile. She took off her IDSC athletic jacket and draped it over Kobo like a blanket. Then, she sat down beside Kobo and looked around. From her perch, she checked on Zeta for a bit and found her in a corner of the concourse.

' Zeta was taking a lot of phone calls too when I recruited her back then...' Olivia recalled. She could hazard a guess who Zeta was talking to, but she held her tongue.

Instead, Olivia took a page from Zeta's book and took out her own smartphone as well.

She browsed through her Twitter feed and grumbled, "It's just as I thought. M-chan's gonna give me an earful when I get back to base."

Blue Horizon: Sequel of ElevenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara