Chapter 16

"Hey!" A boyish voice said from the car that has just parked in front of my house. I walked toward the car fast leaving the papers I was holding on the table. "OH MY GOD!! Kim!! THIS IS YOUR NEW CAR ??" I exclaimed. The car was unbelievably A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. The windows of the car rolled down, "Yup, this is my new car. Don't you think it's pretty cool ?" He asked referring to the car as if it was some sort of picture he is just showing me. "Cool? It's fantastic, Kim. FANTASTIC. I mean it's a Mclaren. An Orange Mclaren."

"I know right? It's AWSOME!" he finally gave in and exclaimed showing how happy he was.
"Wanna join me on a ride?" He smirked.
"Sure, it would be my pleasure." I answered cheerfully.
"Jump in."
I walked to the other side and climbed into the car. I buckled my seat belt as Kim turned the key in the ignition and pulled out away from our house, putting on America's local pop music station for the drive.

"How was your first week at school?" He asked casting a quick glance at me before focusing on the road again.
"It was great. I made a lot of friends," I said cheerfully. 
"Really?! Great."
"Being a junior isn't that hard I guess, not as being a senior." I said smirking at him.
"Oh so you think being a senior is hard?" He asked and I just nodded.
"Being in your senior year isn't that hard. Take me for example: I got all the attention the first second I walked in."

"Sure you did. I was there you know." I agreed. It's true, Kim, Justin and I are going to the same school. Both of them are very popular among the students, especially among girls. I felt like they were the center of the attention for the whole school.

"So where are we going?" I asked as he turned on a corner.
"It's a secret," he said without taking his eyes off the road. I started wondering how that place will look like, I mean I don't know Los Angeles very well, more correctly I only know the way from my street to school and the way back. It's true I have visited a lot of places since the day we arrived to America but dad was the one driving so I only took my time examining the buildings, shops and nature, nothing more, nothing less.

After that we spent 10 minutes in silence. Not awkward silence but comfortable silence apart from whatever song was playing . Kim parked the car and we both got out. The first thing my eyes landed on was a big sign written on it with dark blue color "Welcome to the 21st flower carnival." Kim started walking toward the entrance and so I followed him. As we entered, flowers and plants were surrounding us from every direction and so were people. There were many types of flowers such as lilies, roses, jasmines and lots and lots of other types that I have just known they existed.

As we started walking, we marched along games, opened shops that were selling toys, flowers and even clothes. It wasn't my first time going to a carnival but this one was sure huge and crowded. I wanted to take a look at everything I see, starting from food till clothes but the problem was that if I didn't walk fast I wouldn't catch up with Kim or I would even get lost since it was too crowded.

And for a second I stopped, something grabbed my attention, it was a beautiful necklace with a small guitar in the middle. It was my first time to see such a beautiful necklace. And suddenly in that second I felt Kim disappear. I ran making my way through the crowd until I saw his back, his hair, so I went and attached his hand with mine. He glanced over his shoulder to me showing a little confusion but then returned his vision in front of him.

"Why are you holding my hand?" He asked calmly. Heat and embarrassment occupied me and I let go of his hand. I didn't know how to respond though I had an answer. It was weird and embarrassing. I then felt his hand approaching mine as he interlocked our fingers together.

"I didn't ask you to Let go of my hand, I only asked you why" he said moving toward a shop. "You- you disappeared suddenly and I thought I was lost for a second so it was the best way to keep me close to you so-so we don't get lost." I said looking at the ground while walking and I felt him smile a little. Slowly he tightened his fingers around mine and a sudden feeling started forming in my heart, I didn't know what feeling it was but it sure made my chest warm and made me happy.