𝒍𝒗𝒊. You Choose, Volturi

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIXYOU CHOOSE, VOLTURI

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
YOU CHOOSE, VOLTURI

     JALAN HAS never felt air so thick, so tense.

Jalan feels snow crunch under her boot, she hears the light whistles of wind. She sees the small flakes of snow. She sees life.

And now she's fighting for hers and her family's.

Jalan had Rosalie to the right of her and Frankie to the left. She squeezed both their hands as tightly as she could.

Garrett rocks back and forth on his feet, he hears the Volturi coming out of the trees. He mumbled, "The red coats are coming, the red coats are coming."

All of them came out of the woods synchronized into a diagonal line before the core members slowly separate themselves from their coven.

"Arlo's looking for Alice." Edward was quick to say.

Jalan's eyes trail across everyone, none of them met her eye.

Weird.

Howls come faintly from in the woods and slowly the pack of wolves came walking towards the group. Seth made his stop near Frankie, who ruffles his fur for support.

Aro drops his hood along with everyone else. Carlisle steps forward, taking the leading role as usual, "Aro, let's discuss things as we used to...in a civilized manner." He requests.

"Fair words, Carlisle," Aro tilts his head at the man, "but a little out of place given the battalion you've assembled against us."

Carlisle truthfully spoke, "I can promise you that was never my intent. No laws have been broken."

"We see the child." Caius almost snarls, "Do not treat us as fools."

Jalan wanted to make a snarky comeback to that but doesn't.

"She is not an immortal child!" Carlisle raised his voice to catch the full attention of the Volturi, "These witnesses can attest to that or you can look." He points at Renesmee who stood quietly near Bella, "See the flesh of human blood in her cheeks?"

Caius was quick to yell, "Artifice!"

Aro raised his hand to Caius, "I will collect every facet of the truth but someone more central to the story...Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate. I assume you are involved."

Edward takes a second to cherish a moment with his daughter and wife before walking to Aro. He takes Edward's hand and reads his memories. When he finally opens his eyes he is stunned. He looks at Renesmee, "I'd like to meet her."