𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. Kiss Me In The Rain

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN KISS ME IN THE RAIN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
KISS ME IN THE RAIN

In the year: 1966

THIS MUST be a Cullen tradition.

Jalan had never played baseball in her life yet she was on a baseball field. The Cullens has snuck inside after much persuading from both Emmett and Jalan.

The two of them were real trouble.

It soon started pouring rain, only making the game more challenging and messy thanks to the dirt. While the Cullens set up, Jalan sat in the passenger seat of the car, Imogen in the driver's seat.

"What's up with you?" Imogen suddenly asks, breaking the silence.

Jalan was quick to frown, "...nothing."

Imogen scoffs a curious grin on her lips, "You've been acting weird around me for the past few months. There's gotta be a reason for that."

There was a reason for that. Jalan was getting closer to the Cullens, very close. Jalan didn't think she would stay, she didn't think she would have to look Imogen in the eyes every single day, but it seemed like she would.

The more comfortable Jalan got, the more she dreaded telling Imogen the truth.

This wasn't like Jalan, she didn't usually care about sparing people's feelings, but Imogen was different. Imogen was one of the sweetest people she knew, she didn't deserve to get hurt.

"I'm a very observant person, Jalan." Imogen chuckles, "I always have been, even when I was a little kid and you were braiding my hair."

Jalan chuckles, making Imogen smile.

"I know when somethings up with you because you've always been my favorite person," Imogen softly talks over the rain thumping on the metal of the car, "that'll never change."

Dear God.

"It will." Jalan takes a deep breath, "you'll hate me."

"How could I ever hate you, Jalan?" Imogen eyes soften.

And then she said it, "I killed your father."

Silence ensued, so Jalan kept talking.

"The house fire. That was me. It was all me." Their identical eyes don't leave one another. "And you're brother...he's—"