𝒊𝒗. The Last Day of Terror

CHAPTER FOURTHE LAST DAY OF TERROR

CHAPTER FOUR
THE LAST DAY OF TERROR

In the year: 1841

     JALAN FOUND it hard to believe what she was doing. She was escaping alongside Celia and she couldn't mess it up, she would simply be dead if they did.

Jalan did her usual night routine of getting Mr. Lee's bath water, making dinner, tucking Mabel and Imogen into bed, and secretly sneaking out to meet Celia by the well.

They were both now staring under the same moon, both in a gaze. Thinking about the day they had ahead of them tomorrow.

Jalan twists the wooden crescent moon in her fingers. "What's your family like?" Jalan asks randomly.

Celia and Jalan connect eyes as Celia began speaking, "I'm a middle child. Older brother and a little brother." She chuckles, "The only girl. I think."

"You think?" Jalan frowns.

"My mother was pregnant when I was taken, I never got to see if it was a baby boy or girl." Celia shifts her gaze back at the moon, "but I use to look up to the stars like I am now and I prayed to god for a sister."

Jalan smiles at the thought of the sweet action.

"I know I may have been much older but I wouldn't care. " she scoffs, "Hell, I would still play with dolls and let her cook me food in her imaginary restaurant if that's what she wanted." Celia laughs.

"You will do those things," Jalan gives her faith in reuniting with her family.

Celia smiles, pulling her in for another soft kiss.

     ADAM LEE was becoming enraged.

He'd been watching Jalan for the past month and hadn't been able to spot anything out of the ordinary.

For a split second, the thought of him being wrong about her crossed his mind.

That was until he spotted Jalan leaving her room in the middle of the night and he felt as if he'd hit the jackpot.

The only thing left to do was figure out what the hell was going on with her.

So that next morning came and he watched her as usual.

"How's your morning been, Jalan?" Adam had his arms crossed as he walked into the cotton field, his head cocked to the side just a little.