𝟎𝟒

It had been a couple of weeks since the whole outing situation and Ja'kori was right. His family did not come to play.

Kalia explained everything to the group of adults, she'd be lying if she said she wasn't scared of how her family would react knowing she had been fooling around with a girl.

Everyone reassured her by letting her know they still loved her and would be there every step of the way which instantly put her at ease.

The next step was reporting Anais to school administrators which did absolutely nothing because Anais and her family were well known in the school district for their marvelous donations.

Her stepfather paid off some of the school fees when it came to their remodel over the summer which helped bring the school out of debt and her mother contributed a magnificent amount of money when it came down to fundraisers and other school-related activities.

The school as a whole wasn't willing to lose two of their best donors over a bunch of teenage drama.

"I can't believe this shit." Ja'kori sighed as he ran his hands down his face in frustration. Along with being frustrated at the school, he was also frustrated with Tatianna and her friends.

Claire, Shaniece, and Eva stayed on Kalia like white on rice. They talked about her in school, they texted her on fake accounts, and they posted about her on their close friends, it seemed like the more days passed by the more rumors there were.

"I'll beat them bitches asses my damn self." Journey expressed to her cousins, the group of teens chilled in Justice and Asaiah's basement as she scrolled through the endless amount of screenshots in Kalia's phone. Each screenshot had something to do with the group of girls antagonizing her.

Cadence laughed at his older cousin. "Journ what do you look like fighting a bunch of 17-year-olds?"

Journey mugged Cadence as she gave him the middle finger he was testing every little drop of patience she had in her.

"Them girls know Kalia don't fight like that so they have no choice but to show out."

Aubrey shrugged. "I'll fight 'em."

Ja'kori's neck snapped in his little sister's direction. "You ain't fighting nobody Nuni."

Aubrey smacked her lips. "I'm not a baby anymore Ja'kori, You and Daddy be blowing me with that." She voiced, waving her older brother off.

Ja'kori and Asaiah were extremely overprotective when it came down to Aubrey. Ja'kori got in fights all the time with boys over his sister simply for looking at her the wrong way. Asaiah would go to the ends of the earth for his baby girl, he wouldn't even let her date, and if she ever brought a boy home both her brother and father would scare the boy away not even five minutes later.

"I don't care how you feel you're not fighting end of story."

Aubrey rolled her eyes sick and tired of her big brother treating her like some kind of child she stood up from her seat on the couch and stormed up the stairs back up to the main floor of the house.

"Ja'kori you can't- I don't wanna hear nun of that Journey. I already said she not fighting that's the end of it." Ja'kori spoke putting an end to the conversation.

"I- I don't need none of y'all fighting for me," Kalia said. She had been sitting in silence for the last couple of minutes letting everyone get a chance to speak but herself.

Everyone turned their heads in her direction.

"Just cause I don't fight doesn't mean I can't they wanna play let's play." She shrugged.