Chapter 1

"Silverpaw!" Silverpaw pricked her ears. "Coming!" Scrambling to her feet, she she ran over to her friends, a bracken coloured tom and a pale cream she kit. Sagepaw flicked his tail, grinning slightly. "Late again as usual," he snickered, while the cream she kit glared at him. "Just because she's smaller than you," the medicine cat apprentice said firmly," does not mean you have to mean to her." Sagepaw looked at his sister with hatred. "Awww, come on Wingpaw," he begged. Wingpaw, clearly not convinced, said,"Do you want us to get reported to the leader?" Sagepaw had clearly not thought about this for he said,blushing with embarrassment,"O-Oh r-right, sorry forgot." Wingpaw sighed and turned to Silverpaw. Silverpaw followed Wingpaw to outside the medicine den where she found the apprentice talking with Spottedpatch. "Ah Silverpaw, how's the new apprentice coming along?" came the sweet tone voice of Spottedpatch's. Silverpaw kinked her ears. 'New apprentice? Oh!' Silverpaw nodded,"Yes. Fine thank you." Wingpaw shurgged. "Goodbye, Wingpaw! Lionlight is waiting!" Lionlight, the battle scarred pale tom, was waiting out side the warriors den. "Yes Lionlight?" The tom looked down at her. "I found a injured rouge and I need your help to carry him." Silverpaw nodded and they left through the entrance. The 'rouge' was a dark ginger tabby she cat. Silverpaw narrowed her eyes. "It's a pregnant she cat," Lionlight said," help me carry her to Spottedpatch?" Silverpaw narrowed her eyes even more. "Why am I here then," she hissed. Moving slowly so that they didn't upset the rouge, they walked to the camp. "Lionlight, can I go and tell Wingpaw?" Lionlight nodded and she went over to Wingpaw. "Silverpaw, what's wrong?" Silverpaw couldn't speak she was to tired. "Wingpaw, we found an injured rouge," she panted,"it's bad." Wingpaw's eyes widened. Silverpaw followed Wingpaw to the medicine den, where Spottedpatch was tending the rouge. Silverpaw lowered her ears. "How is she?" Spottedpatch looked up. "She'll live but she'll have a bad leg for awhile."