𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐍𝐎𝐖

𝐋𝐚'𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐜𝐞 𝐃'𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐧
𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝐬𝐭, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓
𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐂𝐀

"𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥, 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞"

I sat at my desk making a chill beat, the normal boom tat boom boom tat. The beat screamed California and that's just how I liked it.

I had my O.E to the side of me and my joint in between my fingers as I made the beat. It seemed like the higher I was, the better my music came out.

I had the whole set up, a recording system, a keyboard, a mic, everything I needed. Everything the professionals had in the professional studios, just at home.

My girl didn't like how much I focused on perfecting my craft because it took out of our time together, but I felt like it was worth it. These days of work would eventually turn into years of wealth, generations even.

She didn't believe in me, nobody really did except for my niggas and I didn't yearn for their belief. I yearned for my girls and she never gave it to me.

While taking a pull from my joint, I heard a loud bang coming from outside of my room so me being the cautious nigga I am, I grabbed my pistol from under my belt and opened the door to see that it wasn't nobody but my girlfriend Nia.

Nia was real fine, she had that smooth brown skin, almost the color of chocolate milk. She was short and thick in all the right places then to top it all off, she was a real woman.

A real woman to me is a woman who handles her business, loves her man, and throughout all that keeps herself straight. Nia does all that and more.

The fucked up part about it is, I can't get my shit straight for her. I know she could do better, but she sees in me what I don't see in myself, she sees my potential.

I loved Nia, but due to her being so perfect I always felt like she was creeping around on me.
There's no real evidence or no niggas in the hood saying they been with my girl but I just feel it.

So in return, I got my dick sucked by a girl from Inglewood a couple days ago. She wanted me to fuck her but I didn't, the guilt had set in already.

I fucked up by doing that and I know it, I'ma have to own it like a man one day but until that day comes I'ma smoke and drink away the guilt.

"You can put that fucking gun down La'Royce." She mugged me while putting her purse down.

I tucked the pistol back in my belt before taking another pull from my joint. I was relaxed knowing it was just her but it alarmed be that she used my full first name.

"You ight?" I asked while hugging her from behind.

"Get the fuck off me Royce." She sighed while pulling away from me.

"What the fuck is up with you girl?" I asked before putting my joint out in a near ashtray.

"Nah nigga what the fuck is up with you?" She retorted while pulling something out of her sweater pocket.