Prologue: A United Front

Start from the beginning

"That's a good thing Ghira." Kali cut in and looked him dead in the eye. "Those kids aren't able to deal with what they're going through right now. Adam and Sienna...they won't be able to function without him."

"Oum Kali, and you think it's better for them to feel all of this when they're older and established?! We don't even know who this kid is let alone what this-this weird kind of power is! It could be stunting their growth, it could be taking their emotions away, it could be-!"

"Don't talk about my son like he's some kind of monster!" Kali retorted as she stood up and nearly slapped Ghira. She realized her hastiness as she widened her eyes and sat back down taking a deep breath. "I'm sorry Ghira, I just was hit with a wave of...emotion..."

"Oh..." Ghira said as he placed a hand onto her thigh and rubbed his beard. "This is suddenly making a lot more sense. We've been through a hellish experience and yet we all seem so...normal?"

"I want to preface all of this that this is just my hypothesis. The only concrete information we have is that Y/N has aura and that it isn't obvious, but he's recharging it by some kind of "life stealing" property. It's not dangerous and has no impact on the health of those around him, but that's all the doctors know." Summer said as she then pulled out her clipboard with all of her notes. "Now, for my diagnosis as a psychologist, the doctors and I only estimate Y/N to be physically around a few months old, but he displays behaviors and social skills that shouldn't be developed until around year one and two. He's also able to walk and recognize certain social situations without much effort."

"But he can't speak, if he was that far along, shouldn't he be able to speak?"

"As a psychologist, I think that he hasn't been around people enough to learn it. Yet that's where I'm at a paradox as the kid is easily able to identify social situations around him and interacts with the children playfully. He doesn't cry and is always joyful. I just...frankly I'm at a loss." Summer rubbed her forehead before looking up to Ghira and Kali with a smile. "Long story short, you've got one hell of a kid on your hands I'm guessing."

"Is he...going to grow alright? I mean are we going to see this poor kid suffer for the rest of his life? Can we even do anything?" Ghira said as he ran his hands through his hair in exasperation. "I don't want anything to happen to him just because he was born a certain way, you know?"

"Oh Ghira..." Kali said resting her head onto his shoulder. "It's going to be okay, we're going to raise him right regardless of whatever comes his way."

"Are you sure you two can handle another child? You've got Blake, Sienna, and Adam on top of an island to run. Is this something you've resolved both of yourselves to do individually?" Summer said with an inquisitive expression as Ghira and Kali both held hands and nodded together.

"I'm worried about what's going to happen to all of us here on the island, but Kali has imprinted on the child and he's got a lot of mystery tied to him. We would be remiss as parents and as people to abandon a little boy, even if there might be risks." Ghira replied as he squeezed Kali's hand. His wife smiled warmingly as she nuzzled into his arm affectionately. Summer smiled sadly, missing her kids and Tai, but pushed it out of her mind as she pulled some papers out of a folder. "What's that? More things we should be worried about?"

"Ha!" Summer giggled as she handed the papers over. "Not this time, these are the adoption papers for Y/N. I was the one giving you your interview this time around. It was an admittedly rushed experience and we skipped a lot of steps, but with him not having any history of even being alive and nobody has come forward to claim him as their own, this is our best option."

"Summer, thank you!" Kali gasped and shook the woman's hand vigorously. Summer smiled and touched her hands gently. The two quickly embraced one another as Ghira smiled behind them. The kids playing turned to focus on the adults in the room as Y/N craned his head in the baby seat he was in to see.