Chapter 68: Changing Marriage (Part 1 & 2)

Start from the beginning

Shen Gui naturally thought it was a good idea but Ren Wan Yun did not comply. Even if Shen Qing's body was dirty, in Ren Wan Yun's heart, she would still search for a good marriage for Shen Qing. Marrying to Huang De Xing was like living the life of a widow and she would definitely not use her daughter for this marriage. Because of this matter, Shen Gui and Ren Wan Yun had already argued for a long time. The couple's relationship was already cold and now was even worse. Shen Gui almost never step into Cai Yun Yuan and spend all the time in the concubine's courtyard.

"It would be best if only Fifth Young Lady and Eldest Young Lady were exchanged." Cai Ju said resentfully.

The speaker had no particular intention but the listener read more meaning into it. When Ren Wan Yun heard what was spoken, her brows jumped and she suddenly looked towards Cai Ju, "What did you say!"

Cai Ju jumped in shock and stammered, "This servant said that if Fifth Young Lady and Second Young Lady marriage partners were exchanged, it would be best."

"You said correctly!" Ren Wan Yun stood up suddenly and her face suddenly changed to a state of ecstasy as she said, "Exactly, as long as Qing-er's and that little slut's marriage are exchanged..." She mumbled, "It should be my Qing-er's. This time let that little slut suffer the consequences of her actions." As she said, she suddenly thought about something, "Bring my cloak over and head to Rong Jing Tang."

"Whatever Furen go to Rong Jing Tang for?" Cai Ji and Xiang Lan was very confused with Ren Wan Yun's sudden actions. But they only saw Ren Wan Yun grinning, "Naturally to get Old Furen to keep the good marriage proposal of the Wei family."

*****

In the winter day, the sunlight shone onto the plants at the window sill and reflected the colour light green. Even though daylight was extremely thin, it seemed as if it could break through if one was inattentive. Jennie was wearing a twin butterfly dress with a purple embroidered robe around her. The dark purple made her already fair skin seem transparent, and her pair of eyes were as clean as a fresh painting. Even by standing at the window without moving, the air of nobility came out lingered around her body.

Bai Lu and Shuang Jiang looked in a somewhat daze. Even them, who had served Jennie for so many years and had seen Jennie's face for so many years, did not know why when they see Jennie now, there would be a feeling of unrecognition. That light magnificence appeared on this childlike young lady and became awe inspiring, and immaturity had become sombre and desolate.

"Young Lady seems to like wearing lotus purple clothes." Bai Lu said, "Even though it looks good but commonly at this age, do not young ladies like brighter colours like pink and blue?"

Lotus purple was a solemn and royal colour, and unmarried young ladies other than the princesses in the Palace, would rarely wear such colours. First, it was easy to look elderly, second, it was difficult to bear this colour as it was easy to look like a child who wore adult's clothes.

But Jennie undoubtedly had a tender little face but had an air and attitude of a Palace Lady wearing the clothes, making the maids puzzled.

Even though Bai Lu and Shuang Jiang lowered their voices, Jennie could listen to all of it. She smiled gently. Why did she liked to wear lotus purple? It was most probably because this colour could constantly remind her to be calm, reserved and to not be soft-hearted and hesitant.