[Chapter 6 - "Mock Exams"]

Magsimula sa umpisa

Mafuyu comes back after Kanade fetches her, she shows the books needed for her upcoming exams lying right in front of Kanade's monitors on her main desk.
She hands Kanade the sleeping bag back.
"...Thank you."
"I didn't know how it would work but I got them for you, and I told Mochizuki-san that I would contact you to bring them back."
"But for now, use these to help you out. Hope it works."
She looks towards the books and nod.
"I can.. work with this."

Later that day, Mafuyu has a separate table away from Kanade which solely serves as her study space in her room. The books Honami gave were on the table as Mafuyu writes down notes with a blank sheet of paper and a pen.
     Kanade turns her chair towards Mafuyu's direction since the table was behind her main desk and just behind her bed, she looks at her being very focused and wanting to work with what she got.
      "Maybe she's focused because she's here now.." Kanade thinks to herself.
      Mafuyu looks up to Kanade's direction, due her noticing her glances.
      Kanade nods to her, as Mafuyu nods in response and continues writing down notes.
      "I should work hard too." Kanade says in her mind, she turns back to face her desk and opens up her monitors again.
      She starts to continue writing the base instrumentals for a song, while typing in Nightcord for Mizuki and Ena to see her progress.
      Hours pass and two meals from made by Honami have been eaten, it was almost midnight.
      Mafuyu has some sheets of paper filled to the brim with some sentences as well as some of her equations being tested and written down.
     She hasn't done anything except study, eat and return back to studying.

It was almost 25:00, Kanade joins the Nightcord voice chat but realises that Mafuyu could hear Ena and Mizuki's voices while she's studying.
    It was probably a small thought, but maybe the thought of her listening to the rest of the girls work could calm her down. It was a long time since she's worked with them as usual due to her situation happening with her mom.
    Kanade tries this approach and unplugs her headset to the monitors and lets the other two members' voices be heard.
    "Hello, is anyone online?" Kanade says in the voice call.
    "I'm here." Ena says softly.
    "Me too! Ready for yet another working session today, let's get right into it!" Mizuki's voice appears with a hint of readiness.
     "Oh, by the way. Mafuyu is studying with me just over there at the table far behind me, just to let you both know."
     "Eh.. was it because her mock exams are next week?" Ena asks.
     "Oh!! That's great! If Mafuyu is working hard then we better not sit around then can't we? You got this Mafuyu!" Mizuki still having that high spirit energy.
      Kanade heard Mafuyu giving a slight exhale, possibly like a chuckle after Mizuki's words. She hands over her phone and walks over the Mafuyu's desk.
      "If you wanna say something, you can use my phone and type in the chat."
      "...Ah, thanks."
      "Is it okay for you to listen to us while you study?"
      "...I don't mind."
      Kanade nods and walks back to her desk and returns back to the others waiting.
     "Alright, let's get to work, shall we?"
     "Yes!" The two girls say in unison.

Somehow, the working atmosphere from Mafuyu boosts Kanade and the others which in turn boosts Mafuyu's ability too. Everyone becomes focused with their work.
     Mafuyu gets asked a few questions about the opinion of the instrumental and Mizuki's font styles and answers quickly using Kanade's phone, which also makes her feel like she's still able to work with them.
     A few words of encouragement are said to Mafuyu from the call like, "Do your best" or "We're here for you" or "Don't pressure yourself, you're going to be fine!" gave Mafuyu a little bit of a sense of relief and ease. As she calmly and collectively go through all the material she summarised.
      Mafuyu had to sleep early so that she could have enough energy to tackle the upcoming exams on Monday, she says goodbye to the girls in chat and walks over the Kanade's bed to sleep.
      Kanade looks over to Mafuyu already ready for the next day, Mafuyu tucks herself comfortably on the bed and before she shuts her eyes, she says something.
      "...Good night, Kanade. Thank you for everything." She says quietly.
      Those words weren't much, but to Kanade, they meant a lot. Maybe it's because she managed to help Mafuyu in some way, and because of that she's thankful.
      "Sleep well, Mafuyu. And good luck with the exams. I'll be with you shortly, I just have to finish some stuff."
       Kanade continues to work while Mafuyu goes to sleep.