5

( this is me trying )

Max and Emily dragged me down to the kitchen at 3 in the morning. I was finally on my way to sleep when they were pulling me out of my bed.

Max opened the fridge and pulled out cherries and grapes, handing them over to Emily. She sat the cartons on the counter and opened them up.

I sighed and pulled myself up on the counter next to her.

"Why are you guys so hyper at 3am?"

Max came with 2 bottles is sparkling water. "Because why not? We'll regret it in the morning but until then..." he popped a cherry into his mouth. "Eat."

I chuckled and grabbed a cherry. I pulled it to my mouth and then gagged, "Yeah, I still hate cherries," I dropped the remaining of it into the sink.

"I forgot. You only eat black cherries," Emily handed me a grape.

"Yup, taste way better."

"Weirdo," Max threw his cherry stem at me.

I laughed almost falling off. We fell silent just eating and passing around the already open bottle of sparkling water until Emily broke it.

"So..."

I continued eating until she cleared her throat. "Oh, that was to me?"

She nodded, "how are things?"

Things. She means Harry.

I looked at her and shrugged, "Good, I think." I picked at the grape I was eating. "He's a very good sweet talker."

Max and Emily shared a look. "That's a good thing right?"

I dropped the grape in the sink with a sigh. I lifted my head up so I was looking directly at both of them. "Honestly, I don't know. Austin was that way."

I'm not comparing Harry to my ex-boyfriend and I don't think they're anything alike, but I can't help but notice the obvious. Both of them are very good at getting what they want all by flashing a smile. They know how to deceive you. If Harry wanted he could ruin me all with one smile and a loving hand.

He's easy to trust and that's what's scary.

"Do you trust him?"

I want to. I really do, but I'm not so sure I can yet.

"It's too early to tell. I do know that I really like him. Too much I think." That I can proudly say. When he came up to me on the first day I never knew that I'd be here with my heart on overload just thinking about him. Lately, he's all I think about.

How could I not?

He's a beautiful human being. Inside and out.

I like him and I like him a lot.

"Good," Max pulled another cherry stem from his mouth. "We like him too," he tossed the red piece into the trash.

I smiled to myself while picking out another grape.

They like him too.

Maybe I'm not just hoping for a good thing. Maybe this is a good thing.

**

I opened the back door to go back out into the backyard where everyone was lounging around the pool.

"Found them in curly's room!" I waved my green sunglasses in the air. Harry is always stealing my sunglasses. I should start putting a bell on them.

"I want those back," Harry raised his arm, pointing at me from his spot in the pool.