Thirty

*Tessa's POV*

"You- I'm sorry, you what?" Welp, no going back now.

"I slept with Parker, the night of the wedding." He blinked.

"And you've stayed there-" He cleared his throat looking around at the staring eyes, slowly pulling the chair closer to me and sitting back into it. I could see the anger in his eyes, anger he was trying to contain. "You stayed there for 10 days, with him? Did you-"

"I came home the day after the wedding. I've been home 9 days."

"What?"

"I needed to clear my head. Wells stayed with my friends and the pictures he's been sending are of Jules." He swallowed. "I shouldn't have lied about being home I just needed to thin-"

"It's fine Tessa."

"What?"

"I made a mistake too." He drunk some of his wine. "Whilst you've been away. I bumped into Natasha-"

"Natasha?" He nodded and I almost laughed. "You slept with your ex secretary again?"

"Tessa-"

"How many times?" I sat back, pulling my hair over my shoulders quickly. "Since the one time I knew about."

"A- A few-"

"Did you even stop seeing her?"

"Tessa, this is getting off topic. You slept with-"

"Answer my question Ben. Did you stop seeing her or not?"

"No." I laughed, pulling my bag off the side of my chair, suddenly feeling grateful for the glass of water on the table so I could throw it in his face before standing up.

"I've been home for 9 days hating myself for having one night with someone who makes me feel unbelievably safe. One night that had me crying and unable to sleep and not turning my phone on. I didn't speak to anyone for 9 days because I hated myself for doing that to you. Because you were making up for it. You wouldn't do it to me again. And all this time you never even stopped and all of this was just guilt. You are a vile man, with the attitude I would let you get away with if you weren't 5 foot 8. Don't call me. I'm done. Keep your money and everything else."

"You walk out of here right now Tessa and I'll make the call to the director I got you that job from."

"What?"

"You really think you got that role that easily without me pulling strings?" He stood up and now the entire room was on the edge of their seat. Waiters not knowing if they should interrupt or just leave it. "You're good Tessa, but you're not that good." I scoffed, slapping my hand across his cheek and looking around the room.

"IF ANYONE IS LOOKING BUY OR SELL A HOUSE. Give Ben Rhodes a call. I'm sure him and his mistress would love to fuck on your couches like the whores they both are." I walked out of the restaurant, grateful for wearing a black dress as the rain instantly started soaking me wet through as I started walking. I could never wear heels with Ben. He was barely 3 inches taller than me. It made it easy to walk through New York but I miss how cute heels look. God there was so much I had to lose when I started dating him. And I gave it up for what? Some guy who thinks he can have a full blown affair behind my back for 3 years. Can pull strings to get me my dream job just so I was forced to stay with him. A guy who wants me to stay at home and look pretty for him whilst he's here fucking his side bitch? I don't think so.

Shaking from the rain, I pull my phone out, dialling the only person I knew would just be there without going ballistic about this whole thing. I was too angry to speak.