Chappie 22

Months later...

Candice's POV

I was playing a classical piece when I felt a presence behind me. I turned around and smiled. I haven't spent much time with him these past few months...I really missed him.

He sat down beside me on the piano chair. "Can you teach me how to play a simple song?" he asked.

I smiled and raised my eyebrows. "Are you serious, Dad?"

"Of course! I must learn how to play a song before we go to lunch," he said.

"Okay, Dad." I then showed him how to play the base part of the song "Heart and Soul."

After a few minutes, Dad still couldn't get it right. He kept pressing hid fingers on the wrong key. I sighed and asked, "Can't we just go to lunch?"

"No. Now, teach your father how to play this song."

"I'm gonna starve! I've been showing you how to play it for twenty minutes already...Have mercy upon me, Father," I said dramatically.

"Oh, don't over-react, child. Now, show me again how to do it," he bumped his shoulders with mine.

I smiled and showed him how to play it for the nth time.

After ten minutes, Dad finally got it right. I joined him, and we played it together.

"Finally, we may eat!" I said.

"Okay...What do you want to devour?" my dad asked just like the way he used to when I was young.

"Pizza!" I answered, and at that exact moment, I felt like I was again Daddy's little girl.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~

Christian's POV

I'm inside my office with Michael Solomon, a young businessman who wants to make a deal with me.

He was preparing his presentation when my phone suddenly rang. I smiled and excused myself. "Who are you, and what have you done to my wife?" I said seriously to Candice over the phone.

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

"Well, I'm just surprised that you called."

"Why would you be surprised?"

"Well, I never saw you hold your phone, and you never answered my calls and texts."

"Oh, really?" she asked, genuinely curious.

"Yes, really. Anyway, why did you call, Sweetheart?" I said, and yes, I kept her nickname.

"I think I forgot some of my teaching materials there. Do you see it?"

My eyes scanned my office, and they fell on the stack of books on my table. "Yes, I've seen them. Are you coming here to get them?"

"Yes, but I'll finish lunch with my dad, first."

"Okay. Enjoy your lunch, Sweetheart. Bye." I ended the call after she said good-bye. I sat on my seat again, still smiling.

"Your wife?" Michael asked with a smirk.

"Yes," I replied.

"And you're happily married?"

"Yes," I answered with a grin. "How about you? Are you married?"

"Well, a few months ago, I was to be married," he answered.

"Was to be? So you never married?" I asked.

"No, I didn't get married. Anyway, shall we start the presentation?" he changed the subject.

"Okay."

Halfway through the presentation, Candice walked inside my office. A smile instantly came upon my face, and I walked towards her and kissed her cheek. "Hey, Sweetheart."

"Hi," she said as her eyes drifted to Michael.

As I turned around to introduce Candice, Michael uttered, "Candy."

Okay...that was weird. Why would he randomly say, "Candy?" I turned to Candice as she breathlessly said, "John."