Chappie 8

That Night...

Christian's POV

We are currently eating dinner with our parents, and my thoughts keep on drifting on to Candice. There is just something about her that's different...

When I saw her earlier at the bench holding those wilting roses, she looked sad...she looked far from the girl who always smiles and jokes around with almost everyone. The thing is I want to know her past...did something happen to her?

I snapped out of my thoughts and focused on the conversation at the table. Everyone is focused on Candice as she was telling a joke...

I'm not really paying attention to her joke because I'm busy staring at her face. I was taking in every feature of her face...how her eyes get big because of excitement...how her dimple appears as she laughs.

"Son, you're staring at your wife like a love-sick puppy," my dad whispered to me.

I felt the heat coming up to my cheeks as I answered, "No, I'm not. I was just listening intently to her." I never blush, but that came to an end when Candice came...she's really ruining my macho act.

My dad just chuckled in reply. "Well I guess we'll be going to bed now. Thank you for dinner. Good night, everybody," my dad said.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~

Candice's POV

"Christian, can I just go sleep in another room?" I asked. We just finished cleaning up the dining table, and I'm so ready to go to bed, but I'm not comfortable sleeping in the same bed with Christian. I know, I'm a grown woman but still feels awkward sleeping with a guy...sue me for all I care.

"No, now come to bed already," Christian said while patting the spot next to him.

"Can't you just sleep on the couch?"

He gave me a flat look and said, "No. The bed is more than enough to fit two people."

I sighed and said, "Fine, but there's a division." I put some pillows between us and then laid down.

Christian chuckled, and we said our goodnight's.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~

The Following Morning (Thursday)...

I woke up in the same position I slept in last night, but something felt different. That's when I realized there's an arm over my waist and Christian's face is nuzzled into my neck.

I screamed because I was surprised...last time I checked, there was a barrier between us, but now, the pillows are thrown to the floor, and Christian is hugging me.

"Candice, you're so loud," Christian said as he pulled me closer to him.

I screamed again, and the door burst open, revealing both of our moms. "What's wrong?! Oh my, I'm sorry. We didn't mean to intrude," my mom said as she realized our position, and quickly closed the door.

"Don't worry, hunny. You guys are married anyway, and we're expecting grandbabies as well so..." Mom said over the door.

I blushed so hard and just buried my face in my pillow.

Christian chuckled, and I asked," What's so funny? And let go of me."

"Nothing's funny. It's just that I don't always see you get flustered..." He said and hugged me tighter.

"Whatever. Let go of me," I said.

"No, let's stay longer in bed," he replied.

Well, this is the first time I saw him express that much of an emotion. He's always cold towards me, but now he's being a little bit playful.

I stood up, and he whined like a kid...as if I just took his candy away. I just laughed and went to the bathroom.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~

Friday, 4:45 pm...

Christian's POV

I'm now watching Candice sing 'Heaven,' Boyce Avenue's version. She saw me in the midst of the crowd and smiled at me.

That gesture made my heart swell, but I kept my face blank...like always.

Candice finished her song and is now walking towards me, but a guy blocked her way. I frowned and walked over to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candice's POV

A guy came up to me as I was walking towards Christian and said, "Hey, I'm David. I always watch you sing." There was a little bit of awkward silence and he spoke again. "Okay, that statement was kinda creepy. I'm not a creep, I swear." I chuckled because he was mildly panicking and I thought it was cute. "Um, I'm wondering...um...would you like to have a drink with me?"

He looked nervous, but before I could answer, an arm snaked around my waist, and Christian said, "No, you can't have a drink with her."

"Um, are you her brother?" David asked while furrowing his eyebrows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christian's POV

I raised Candice's left hand. Please be there. Please be there. I chanted in my head. And luckily it's there.

I showed 'David' our wedding rings and said with a stone expression and a cold voice, "No. I'm her husband."