18. Stone Free

A/n: I love how all you little dumasses thought the mystery person was Rin or Sae LMFAOOO. It's okay though, that was my intention anyways. More of a main character centered chapter again lol, although its to be expected. I really do hope some of you convert to Barou simps after this, because he's so underrated.

The next morning you woke up awfully earlier than normal.

5:00 am, the clock read much to your dismay. Just seeing the numbers made you squirm in place. You never knew a few simple numbers could bring you so much dread.

Now, the problem you faced really had nothing to do with how early you woke up. Sure you had never been a morning person in general, but you would always force yourself to wake up early in order to change inconspicuously, so waking up early had grown into a bit of a habit for you. The real problem lies in two factors.

One factor was the unholy lack of sleep you had gotten. Or rather, the horrendous quality of sleep you had instead. Your eyelids felt like they were weighed down with a brick, yet when you fell back onto your mattress to attain some precious sleep the only thing awaiting you were your thoughts, and god knows that's the last thing you want to deal with. No matter which way you turned or shifted, sleep would just refuse to come to you! Like a perpetual state of being tired, yet unable to rest.

The other leading cause of your dread was the fact you had yet to make a decision about whether you wished to stay or go. Last night, Ego told you that if you wished to stay you should meet with everyone for the try out team selections at 7:00 am, and if you wanted to go you should wait outside of the main gates for a bus to pick you up at the same time. With two hours left to make your discussion, the creeping pressure felt clearer and clearer...

No more pressure!If you wanted to make a good, informed decision, you needed to relax. If you just made a choice without putting any real thought into it, and let mindless worry dictate you then you'll certainly do something you'll regret. Besides, you don't think you could take another minute of overthinking everything or else your brain might explode. You had to distract yourself!

The longer you laid in your bed silently, the more you felt like you were going crazy. What was worse, was that time seemed to be more particularly slow right in the moment. You turned your head towards the clock for another time check, by now it had to be at least 20 minutes since you woke up... right?

5:03 am.... God damn it.

Out of pure frustration, you swung your bedsheets off of you and stood up. You weren't just gonna sit here silently for two hours until you were forced to make a choice, you wanted to get up and do something to calm your nerves. According to the schedule set up by Ego, you were permitted from leaving your rooms until 7:00 hit, but the rules were the last thing on your mind right now. You just had to clear your head, no matter what.

You walked down the endless corridors of Blue Lock, looking for some way to ease your tension. There were tons of rooms, all row by row in a single file line. All of them were labeled yet none particularly caught your interest. With each passing door you felt your mind become numb, yet also more agitated at the same time due to your increasing anxiety. Suddenly, you walked upon a door that caught your eye.

"Public... Bath?"

Ah, you've heard about this. Tons of the players here apparently came to relax, it was like a sauna. You obviously never used it, seeing as it was a one way ticket to getting your secret leaked. Rather, you strictly used showers which were much less relaxing in comparison. Ah, they were so lucky they could use the baths while you couldn't...

Then again, no one said you couldn't use it. Right now it was probably 5:30, meaning you still had an hour and a half before anyone even wakes up. This bath was basically all yours. Besides, in a few hours you would either get your identity exposed anyways or be kicked out so there wasn't much to lose if you got caught.