5. The Colour Of Love

The second selection didn't start right away. Instead, everyday had been filled with contentious strength and endurance training everyday. Pushing yourselves to the upper limits that you could handle, to break down and build yourself up again.

As much as you hated physical training, you knew this is exactly what you needed to achieve the next level of bluelock. Your schedule consisted of spending the full day, up until dinner time, doing mandatory training. Although it wasn't necessary, after dinner you liked to get some extra football practice in. Even when your body cried in agony, you still pushed to do the extra practice. You refused to fall behind everyone.

Although they called it "mandatory training", that didn't stop Nagi from ditching as per usual. Oddly enough, even though he skipped the physical practice, he would join you during your extra football sessions.

It was officially your 9th day in hell. In a way, you felt relieved at the excessive amount of training. It allowed you to go on autopilot, and avoid all your problems. That was also the secondary reason why you pushed on with your little extra football practices, to avoid Reo.

It's not that you hated him or anything, but as of recent your relationship had been a little...strained.

You mentally drooled as you scanned the number on your arm, a plate of food appearing in front of you. After 9 days of extreme training you were starved, dinner had become your only salvation in this torture chamber. Grabbing your food, you quickly sat down at a table with your friends from Team Z, and began devouring the food in front of you. Your exhaustion made your meal taste like pure gold, a meal fit for royalty- or in this case, a starved football player.

"Christ, [Lastname]. At least chew your food!" Chigiri berated from across the table, as you swallowed the meal with a sheepish smile and a small sorry. Normally you would at least have a little bit of manners while eating, but at this point you just didn't care. The exhaustion had made your brain completely fuzzy.

"I mean, can you blame him? They're working us like dogs out there." Isagi sighed, leaning back in his chair. "I'm so exhausted, I can't even eat!" The boy let out a long sigh, leaning a bit too far back, and falling out of his chair.

You laughed at your friend's pain, Isagi had a way of cheering you up with his dorkiness. After eating your meal, you felt a bit of your exhaustion go away and you felt your senses coming back. Which also meant you could feel Reo's death stare on your back too. It had been like this all week, ever since you decided to eat dinner with Team Z rather than him and Nagi.

"Same here! Same here!" Bachira whined, as he leaned on the table. "I'm so tired of this, I just wanna play football!" You really had to agree with Bachira, the need to play football was slowly itching at you everyday and had almost been unbearable at this point. You wondered how long they would stretch out this intense training. It had to be over soon, right?

"I actually don't mind training." Kunigami said plainly, as he took a bite of his food. Looking at him closely, you noticed how he barely looked tired at all! In fact, he looked completely unbothered by the copious amounts of training.

Ever since your confrontation with Kunigami, things really hadn't changed all that much between the two of you. If anything, the secret the two of you shared brought you closer. Sometimes you had thought you dreamt the whole thing, with how nonchalant he had been about it. Though, you had been reminded it was real with little gestures he did, like pull you aside and ask if you were okay, or just being extra mindful of your space.

The more time you spent with Kunigami, the more you grew to admire him. The boy was both strong in both a physical and mental sense. He uplifted the people around him just by being himself, always carrying a positive mentality towards any challenge thrown at him. He was a pillar of strength for you, and made your time at Blue Lock all the more bearable. Without him, you really didn't think you had gotten over your first loss, and for that you were thankful.