14. Touch The Sky

A/n: DONT WORRY GUYS, DADDY'S HOME!! Sorry for the long break, I had an existential crisis and was questioning the reason for being alive and if my life had any meaning. Im good now tho, so ya. Also i've been playing star rail and the Leafs won their first playoff series in like 19 years so its been kinda eventful lol.

The world five were far more talented than your wildest imagination could ever come up with. If you had to compare them to something, they were like gods among the boys who played football here at Blue Lock. The notion that you could ever even with this game, was a big fucking joke.

Julian was the first to receive the ball from the kick off.  Isagi blocked his path and waited for Julian to make the first move to counteract it, while the French boy just studied him.

He took his time drawing in and dribbled slowly until he came to a complete halt in front of the boy.

"Um... is that it?"

"Because all I can see are openings"

Suddenly, he took his first step and blasted off like a cannon. Just one or two steps was enough to completely get around Isagi and leave him in the dust. Your eyes widened seeing his speed, as he charged towards you like a bull. From there, he sped past both Bachira and Aryu with ease.

You could see it though, you could tell where he was going and what path he would take based on his body language. If you could just position yourself in an area that could counteract him by surprise! Then maybe you could-

"huh?"

You felt a strong wind pressure build up on your left side, as you looked beside you in horror. There he was, running past you with a smile. Julian had already made it to you before you could even formulate a plan, no- even worse he was practically already past you at this point. He was just so fast, that neither your body or brain had the capability of keeping up with him.

In a last ditch effort to stop him, you extend your legs out to reach him. However by the time your body reacts, he's already far past you. All you can do is look in horror as Julian easily strides down the field with ease. He even managed to completely and utterly blow past Rin by kicking his speed up a gear, leaving you all dazed at what had just happened.

Before you knew it, the score had become 1-1. Just a single player was able to tie the game up, when it took a completely in-sync combo attack from your team to manage one goal! It was like your entire team was reduced to nothing more than a couple of pylons in Julian's presence.

"Shit..." You clenched your fists. You felt useless. How could he blow past your enter team so easily? You couldn't do anything, it was like you were frozen in time. This feeling of worthlessness.. It reminded you of your time before Blue Lock. No matter what you did, it was like your existence was meaningless... and in that singular moment everything came back to you.

The train to the future had taken off, and it was on a one-way track to your loss.

"Shit..." You softly cursed, as you clenched you fists. You hadn't give up yet... but a seed of doubt regarding your abilities had been implanted into your mind.

You felt a harsh slap against your back, and looked up to see Rin with a stoic yet determined gaze.

"Stop looking like that. Just pass to me, and I'll make sure we win." He said, his stern cyan eyes never leaving yours. You let out a breathless chuckle, that was basically his way of saying "Don't give up! You can rely on me!" as harsh as it may be.

"I'll be sure to keep out an eye for you on the field." You replied, to which he just nodded and went to his position on the kickoff.

Bachira restarted the game by immediately passing the ball to Rin. Almost instantaneously, he was double-teamed by Julian and Luna who had him cornered.