eleven

"Alright, so we're gonna make a 'Broken-Neck Boy' rumor?" I asked, putting the headphones on

"Alright, so we're gonna make a 'Broken-Neck Boy' rumor?" I asked, putting the headphones on. "And pink-haired-boy's wish will be granted except his life's kinda fucked after that?" 

"I suppose that's one way to look at it, yes." Sakura confirmed.

I crossed my legs. "Yay! And you want me to do this one?"

"Well, you are a member of the Broadcasting Club now, are you not?"

"Okie dokie! Just make sure that the voice changer's working properly." I hummed.

Natsuhiko smirked with that... cat-mouth expression that he always wore. I'm not sure how to explain it.

Soon, we heard Tsukasa's voice on the other side. "Hey, you guys! Everything's ready to go!"

The green-haired girl turned it on and gestured for me to begin.

"Okayy!" I confirmed and cleared my throat.

.

.

.

"Hey, hey, has anyone heard this story? Of the Broken-Neck Boy of the entrance? If you approach the junior high entrance, you might be greeted by an apparition with a broken neck. The dude's super lonely. Many have felt his grip as he reached for them, or heard a random voice say.. "Heeyy."

"Do you remember me? Or have you forgotten?"

"You gotta answer with his name. And if you can't, you're screwed. He'll break your neck and make you just like him. You'll feel just as lonely as he is. Forever and ever and ever. So, be careful, won't you?" 

.

.

.

Sakura turned the player off.

"How'd I do?" I questioned childishly, my eyes lighting up. "Was that good? Do you think the rumor's gonna be effective?"

She smiled. "You did great, [y/n]. You did great."

. . .

Kou's eyes widened.

He felt like he recognized that way of speech.

That style. That childish, energetic tone.

But the voice was different.

He didn't recognize the voice.

So it couldn't be anyone he knew... right?

. . .

.

.

.

I hummed as I walked into the Broadcasting Club's room, with my hands behind my back. Why'd they ask me to ditch class and come here? Weren't we supposed to meet after school? Oh, well. Who cares? As I opened the door, I got hit splat in the face with a party popper.