eight

[a/n]: lmao sorry guys i didn't add the fight between teru and hanako hdsaf,, so here it is :"]

.

.

.

"Boo." I whispered in Hanako's ear from behind, jumping onto his back. "It's meeee! Did you miss me?" I sang, pulling him closer to me.

"Ah! [y-y/n]?!" The boy yelped, dropping the rather large bag he was holding. "Oh, are you skipping class again for me? Thank you!" The ghost teased, picking up the bag again with me holding onto him.

"What'chu doing?" I asked, leaning my head on his shoulder. "Are you stealing anything? Did you get caught? If you didn't, I'm super proud of you!"

"Ah, not exactly. I may be a spirit, but I'd never become an evil gremlin like you." The boy sighed. "I'm returning the stuff that the mokke stole." He continued.

"Ooh, I see." I responded, sounding slightly disappointed.

"...Hey, [y/n]? I have something I've been meaning to ask you for a while now." Hanako looked over at me. "Can I?"

"Ahem, it's 'May I'. Say that and maybe I'll consider it." I huffed, getting off his back. I stood up before looking at him with my hands behind my back.

He chuckled. "Fine. May I ask you a question, your highness?"

"Ask away!" I said, putting my hands together. "Uh oh, this seems serious. That's no fun. Oh well!"

"...What does a human life mean to you?" Hanako questioned. "At first, when we first met, when you made that wish... I figured that as soon as it actually happened, you'd take it back immediately." He walked towards me, closing the distance between us. "But I realized that's not the case. When you found out that I was a murderer, it seemed as if you couldn't care less."

"You didn't have a second thought about if it were justified or not. You didn't care if I had a special reason." The apparition continued, his voice lowering. "...You give little regard towards the lives of others, don't you? You look at it like it's a game." He suddenly shoved me against the wall and put a knife to my throat.

"You'd commit murder without batting an eye, and you wouldn't care if it were Yashiro or Kou or even me. But not only would you do that, you'd take your own with the same reaction."

"[y/n], if I killed you, right now, for no good reason... would you care?"

My [e/c] eyes widened for a second, before it returned to its normal size. I laughed. "Woah, Hanako, look at that! No, not really. I wouldn't care." I responded slowly. "Yeah, you're right. I don't give a crap about life or death. You can slit my throat right now if you'd like!" I offered. "But please, don't get caught, okay? Even if you do end up being the death of me, I still like you."

"...[y/n]. Not only is it the life of other people, but it's also your own life. Why don't you care?"

"Hanako. I don't care if it's justified or not. Life is short, you know. So, if you wanna kill someone, then do it. If you wanna commit arson, then do it. If you wanna start a war, then do it." I smiled softly, placing my hand on his cheek. "If you don't want to do it, that's okay too. If you were forced to do it, sorry to hear that, but don't dwell on it."